Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Field Gloves

• 18-11-2006 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Ah does anyone know where I can get them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You mean normal gloves that keep your hands warm ? :confused:

Or is there some special ones that keep you hands wamr on the soccer pitch ?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If you are from outside Dublin, you are allowed to wear Mikasa. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I never really wear them anymore but I used to wear Mikasa's for the first half if it was very cold, my hands would be warm enough by half time. They're the yellow ones with black dots, couple of euro in any sports shop I would think - I've seen them on sale lately but I've had mine for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

KdjaCL wrote:
    You mean normal gloves that keep your hands warm ?

Ah yea they r pretty much normal gloves but they have grips on the tops of the fingers and seeing that im a fullback this would come in handy!

eamoss wrote:
    Ah yea they r pretty much normal gloves but they have grips on the tops of the fingers and seeing that im a fullback this would come in handy!

For?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

KdjaCL wrote:
    For?

kdjac
    Throws most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You could do a Jamie Harris and run into the Shels club shop before kick-off and get a pair of bright red kids wooly ones :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

www.gayfootballersapparel.com

sorry.

Brave the bloody cold. Honestly, kids these days. Dont know they're born.:)

Stekelly wrote:

sorry.

Lol

Hands in sleeves works for me, but thats more jesper olsen style than cold :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Stekelly wrote:

sorry.

/ hides his new pair of "footballers" tights ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

:D At the above posts :D

Ah I didnt actually know about them until one of my mates told me about them last week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I was called a puff for wearing a rugbytech under-shirt-warmer-thingy by a centre back once...

Gloves are for goalies imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Seaneh wrote:
    I was called a puff for wearing a rugbytech under-shirt-warmer-thingy by a centre back once...

Gloves are for goalies imho.

:) Yeah I use those canterbury undershirt warmer things.. They are brilliant in cold weather!

actually for full backs taking throws etc, you could use the gloves that rugby players use for taking lineout throws etc... Nice and tight on the hand and have grips. You can pick them up in most sports stores. Arnotts and Elverys definitely have them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This thread is ridiculous and hilarious at the same time!! Full backs wearing gloves with grips just to take throw ins?!?! What happened to just drying the ball in your jersey. I'd be in stitches if I saw some lad with his 'throw in taking' gloves on during a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Xavi6 wrote:
    This thread is ridiculous and hilarious at the same time!! Full backs wearing gloves with grips just to take throw ins?!?! What happened to just drying the ball in your jersey. I'd be in stitches if I saw some lad with his 'throw in taking' gloves on during a game.

i don't think its that ridiculous to be honest.... If its raining, your jersey will more than likely be wet anyway, so you're not going to get the ball too dry by wiping it on your shirt...

The gloves would definitely give you more grip. Sounds a bit more intelligent to me. I'd applaud someone for using their brain rather than laughing at them.

Advertisement