Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours Thread

• 18-11-2006 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Other one gone due a slight mishap :o

Pats In: Des Byrne(bohs) Carl Regan(Maccelsfield) Jamie Harris(shels Stephen Cooling(Kildare) Kirby (longford)

Out: Frost(waterford) Maguire (unknown) about 14 players out of contract so could be more.

Bohs will be the movers and shakers this season and of course Shels.

Bohs rumoured to be getting Fenn(cork) Mansaram Singh(both sligo Heary J Byrne O Neil and my fav Stuey "Shels crest loving" Byrne(shels) Hughes(dundalk)

Drogs O Keeffe(bohs) J Byrne and Ndo (both shels)

And its early yet....lol should be fun.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fenn to Bohs is a done deal as far as I know. I imagine Bohs will sign the Sligo goalkeeper, not sure about Mansaram and Vijay though. I have also heard Bohs being linked with Clive Delaney. Owen Heary is also supposed to be going to Bohs, and one other Shels player whose name I can't remember. No chance of Crowe coming back IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

is it not stuey "umbro badge loving" byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Frost back to waterford woo...
    Iv heard rumours that the reason for Waterford having such a bad team all year is..
    It was a money saving exercise so this season we could buy good players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

wont have been a very good money saving exercise tho if we end up having a good first division team

dcarroll wrote:
    wont have been a very good money saving exercise tho if we end up having a good first division team

We are in the prem next year
    As we met iag (or wateva it is) specs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

John O'Hara our goalkeeper who has been immense for us for the last 2 seasons , has played his last game for the club and is now supposedly going back to the US and A to try his luck with MLS .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Connor says he is also looking to Engerland for 'skills' players.
    Apparently, Singh has a clause in his Sligo contract that says he can go if Connor goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fenn has signed for Bohs.
    Danny Murphy is going to Motherwell by the looks. He is leaving City regardless.
    Neale Horgan is going to the States for a while.
    Talk that Roy O Donovan could be on his way to Cardiff.

Liam Kearney is going for a trial at Motherwell also.

Danny Murphy has signed for Motherwell pending a medical. Boo.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/cgi/49vtres.pl?record=654

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd worry for Cork next season. They've lost some quality players, can't believe they're not giving Billy Woods a new deal, I'd love to see him back at Rovers

• Advertisement

Its not that Billy isnt being offered a new deal. His performances this season have been amazing, and certainly deserves one. The problem is that he is part time, doesnt want to go full time, but has to train like a full time player. Plus, I would imagine he is somewhat disillussioned that he was about the best player this season, yet is nowhere near being a top, or even decent, earner. I have heard that he is just tired of breaking his balls, while others merely float along.

There will be new signing for City. We will be fine next season. Up there, challenging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

All out of contract player at Shels have been told theyre not getting new contracts. Main ones Ndo, O'Neill, Cahill, Delaney and Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

We'll have Ndo, O'Neill please.

Ollie :o

Gary O'Neill, Ollie Cahill, Joey Ndo, Dean Delaney, Steve Williams, Dave Crawley and Jim Crawford.

They have no keepers :|

kdjac

We should move heaven and earth to try to get one of those keepers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You can have Willo tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

bohsman wrote:
    All out of contract player at Shels have been told theyre not getting new contracts. Main ones Ndo, O'Neill, Cahill, Delaney and Williams

If thats true itll be sad to see Steve Willams go. He has been such a major part of Shelbournes success over the past 7 years. I remember when he first came to shels and replaced Alan Gough. Played a blinder in 1999/2000. Had several other since then.

If thats TRUE GOODBYE STEVE. I SHALL NEVER FORGET THEE

Waterford:
    Gareth Cronin was on local radio today and said that he has 10 premiere players already ear-marked for the 2007 season and 3 has already signed, the club has money now to spend for next year and said that the Blues will be very strong next year and going for a least a mid-table finish and a good run in the cups.
    I have the names of 3 already but i will post them up when everything is confirmed locally here.

Edit:

More news
    Sean Francis, former Rovers and Longford striker is on his way to Waterford United as assistant manager to Gareth Cronin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone
    Players resigned for next season are, Danny O'Leary, Ian Rossiter, Robbie Hamm, Des Hope, Jim Sheridan, Steve Feeney, Eric Lavine, Brian McCarthy, Carmine Russo, Noel McGee, Adrian Carberry.

Players released for sure are Fortune, Rushe and Moran.

The rest of the squad (williamson, Ryan and one or two more) are still talking to mickie.

On top of that we are in talks with 8 players currently including 3 strikers from the premiership and McTiernan from sligo.

Our wage budget nect season is (apparently) double last seasons, with room for exceptional players being added if the manager and board agree that they are of a cailber required to gain promotion.

Mickie has said that if we don't finish in the top two next year then the season will be an unexceptable failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

3 UCD players away on trials:
    Darren Quigley (GK) - West Ham and Falkirk
    Gary Dicker (Midfield) - Bradford and Doncaster
    Patrick Kavanagh (Right Wing) - Birmingham

I believe Dundee United are snifing around Jason Byrne (according to Ceefax yesterday).

The Irish mirror today reports that Rico has spoken with Ndo, Ollie Cahill and Bobby Ryan. He also wants to speak to Liam Kearney. Take what you will from that. I certainly wouldnt take much heed to it, as the article itself has no quotes or anything. Nice if true though.

gimmick wrote:
    The Irish mirror today...I certainly wouldnt take much heed to it
    See what you did there?

None of our players are going anywhere. Especially not to Cork City.:D

We are getting an investor, so says Ollie. And I, for one, believe him.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Dundalk sign striker Wayne griffin from Malahide , from beneath Rovers eyes

Rico has signed a two year deal at Cork City on the back of new investors coming on board.

see www.corkcityfc.ie for details

I would expect that we will be a "buying" club for a change in the coming off season.:)

I would expect that we will be a "buying" club for a change in the coming off season.:)

Bugger if we dont win morrow Mulcahy will be going to you lot :(

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Wouldn't mind Frost either.

:)

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

I was surprised we didnt try to sign him last year. Always rated him very highly. Would he go full time though?

Well after todays result other teams should prosper from the Pats team.

Frost going to waterford.
    Mulcahy to Cork
    Molloy to Rovers.

Rutherford and Keegan out of contract as are Armstrong and M Foley and Maguire (bohs).

Least we still have best keeper in the league next season unless bohs want him of course.

kdjac

• Advertisement

I know Rutherford is moving to live in Cork. I think is wife is from here. Should he want to continue playing football, I would imagine he will go to Cobh Ramblers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KdjaCL wrote:

Least we still have best keeper in the league next season unless bohs want him of course.

kdjac

And Ndo...

And Ndo...

We and others have already spoken to him, without the monies from UEFA and Setanta we cant afford the €1600 a week. Drogs should sign him now.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

LTFC

OUT: Cronin - Bray
    Gough - Bray
    O'Connor - Shamrock Rovers

Lots of more to follow unfortunately in the outwards direction. Have to move a lot of players off the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Forde's gone to Cardiff, could be in the Prem next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Have to move a lot of players off the books.

Dare say we'll have to get used to that too! :(

• Advertisement

Bobby Ryan could well be here quite soon.

Ive also heard that Crowe and Heary are all but signed for Bohs as well.

If true, Fenn and Crowe could be an awesome combination.

Heary maybe.

Crowe, doubt it.

Seaneh wrote:
    Athlone
    Players resigned for next season are, Danny O'Leary, Ian Rossiter, Robbie Hamm, Des Hope, Jim Sheridan, Steve Feeney, Eric Lavine, Brian McCarthy, Carmine Russo, Noel McGee, Adrian Carberry.

Players released for sure are Fortune, Rushe and Moran.

The rest of the squad (williamson, Ryan and one or two more) are still talking to mickie.

On top of that we are in talks with 8 players currently including 3 strikers from the premiership and McTiernan from sligo.

Our wage budget nect season is (apparently) double last seasons, with room for exceptional players being added if the manager and board agree that they are of a cailber required to gain promotion.

Mickie has said that if we don't finish in the top two next year then the season will be an unexceptable failure.
    Fair play to ye if ye get McT he is a fantastic player , especially at that level.By the way McT is a striker from the "Premiership"

Stuey Byrne is gone to the Drogs.

:mad:

The exodus of players is truly in full swing.

Never thought he would have gone with his undying love for Shels :eek:

Kdjac for Shelbourne!!! La la La

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Never thought he would have gone with his undying love for Shels :eek:

Do Drogs have Umbro made jersies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Fenlon, Stuey, Ollie gone. Heary, Crowe probably gone next week......

The reality of Shelbourne's u18s playing in the Champions League next season is scary :eek:

Jim Crawford is on the verge of succeeding Pat Fenlon as manager of Shelbourne,

Crawford, along with former Cameroon international Joseph Ndo, were believed to be the leading internal canditates.

The former Newcastle midfielder has, however, been offered the post with his appointment expected over the next coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dean Fitzgerald to Glentoran and Kirby to Pats.

Are there any Shels rumours involving players joining rather than leaving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Damn shame Derry City didn't win the league. Shelbourne in the Champions League is going to be a disaster the way things are shaping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Damn shame Derry City didn't win the league. Shelbourne in the Champions League is going to be a disaster the way things are shaping up.

Next July is along way away.

Ryan signs 1 year deal with Pats :D

Frost Brennan also signed, Molloy and Mulcahy not signed yet.
    In talks with Rogers off Shels.

Motherwell have the EL on trial atm so not sure what will happen to Molloy Keegan Murphy and a few others.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Ryan signs 1 year deal with Pats :D

Bobby Ryan?

If so, you're welcome to him. :D

KdjaCL wrote:
    In talks with Rogers off Shels.
    He may not be the best defender in the league, but he is a very, very sound man. I'd miss him more than most if he were to leave Shels.

That, and I'll always love him for this.

What a goal, what a feeling. I cried that night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement