Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:
    He may not be the best defender in the league, but he is a very, very sound man. I'd miss him more than most if he were to leave Shels.

Dont know why we after him Frost signed up too.

Molloy and Keegan offered deals by motherwell.
    Scottish side snap up Pat's pair
    Saturday December 16th 2006

ST PATRICK'S ATHLETIC duo Trevor Molloy and Paul Keegan are believed to be on the verge of landing 18-month contracts with Scottish Premier League side Motherwell.

The experienced front men were on trial with the SPL side this week after their domestic season ended with a 4-3 defeat to Derry City in the FAI Cup Final.

Keegan is expected to move to Scotland anyway to live with his partner, but a move at this stage of Molloy's career would be a surprise, despite a resurgence of form this season upon his return to St Pat's.

Motherwell boss Maurice Malpas has raided the eircom League in recent weeks with Cork City defender Danny Murphy to join the club in January.

Shelbourne midfielder Richie Baker also spent time there, but they were unable to come to an agreement.

However, Malpas is looking to tie up negotiations with Keegan (33) and Molloy (29) after confirming both trialists had impressed.

"They have done well and we will be sitting down with their agents in the next few days," said Malpas.

"One of them is not far away and we hope to have that sorted out over the weekend, and the other may take a wee while longer but we will hope to have both signed next week."

Armstrong released so we ehh have no strikers :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Good riddance to Molloy.

Hate him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

KdjaCL wrote:

Armstrong released so we ehh have no strikers :confused:

kdjac

Vinnie Arkins is looking for a new club.

Arkins is retired afaik.

Talking to O Neil this week, Shels are like a car boot sale atm its great :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Conor O Grady of Sligo will be a great addition to any non full time team. Always had a lot of time for him when he was at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

John_C wrote:
    3 UCD players away on trials:
    Darren Quigley (GK) - West Ham and Falkirk
    Gary Dicker (Midfield) - Bradford and Doncaster
    Patrick Kavanagh (Right Wing) - Birmingham
    Paddy Kavanagh confirmed. He signed a 6 month contract.

Molloy and Keegan sign deals with motherwell , 18 months and 2 1/2 deals.

Hope Molloy does well never gave anything less than 100% for us, we get a freindly over there and a share of the gate for Molloy ...lol
    CLOSE-SEASON PLAYER MOVEMENTS
    St Patrick's Athletic can confirm the following close-season movements of players so far:

IN:
    Alan Kirby (Longford Town) good signing replaces rutherford

NEW CONTRACTS:
    Stephen Brennan awesome :D
    John Frost Poor season hope he gets back to last seasons form
    Anto Murphy hated them now love him
    Mark Rooney Awww ****, hes awful but our only striker now
    Barry Ryan The actual best keeper in the league :D

OUT:
    Chris Armstrong (end of contract) Miss him shame he done his knee in and never got a chance after it
    Stephen Caffrey (end of contract) miss him too good player, with Bohs money doubt he be there next season
    Kevin Grogan (end of contract) who?
    Paul Keegan (Motherwell) legend :D
    Ian Maher (end of contract) ehh yeah gluck.
    Trevor Molloy (Motherwell) :(
    Mark Rutherford (end of contract) :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

KdjaCL wrote:
    We and others have already spoken to him, without the monies from UEFA and Setanta we cant afford the €1600 a week. Drogs should sign him now.

kdjac
    I hear you've got him now! :( Me sad! :(

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I hear you've got him now! :( Me sad! :(

sssshhhhhhh ;)

Cant be talkin like that round these parts.

kdjac

Ndo signing for Pats confirmed :)

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=1296
    CLOSE-SEASON PLAYER MOVEMENTS
    St Patrick's Athletic can confirm the following close-season movements of players so far:

IN:
    Alan Kirby (Longford Town)
    Joseph Ndo (Shelbourne)

NEW CONTRACTS:
    Stephen Brennan
    John Frost
    Anto Murphy
    Mark Rooney
    Barry Ryan

Kinda odd best player in the league constantly linked to us, and then signs mad that......

kdjac

What 18 months after some tit on an internet forum starts saying it? :D Ooooh, spooky! :)

What 18 months after some tit on an internet forum starts saying it? :D Ooooh, spooky! :)

But hes never going to leave Shels for some ****e club like pats now is he ?

Ryan
    /Clarke
    Rogers Brennan Foley Frost /Quigley1 Maguire. Rogers is they dirty big bastid we need at the back.

Kirby Ndo Foley Mulcahy? O Connor /Quigley2 Murphy Fahey Leister Fitzpatrick. Ndo the bit of creativity we need to open teams up more. Mulcahy still not signed getting worried Cork want him.

O Neill /Rooney hmmm could do with another, think we getting Hynes.

Grogan gone to some doctor in Belgium to get his groin sorted so possible returnee.

Not a bad team tbh if fit.

Einstürzende Whats your team looking like ? :D Xavi6 and Joesoap could do a job there tbh, if you can afford the transfer fees :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Its all very quiet at Bohs i thaught they were goin to sign the 6 best players in the EL and the 5 best in irish league.........

Complete confirmed transfers so far

Afaik Bohs have got 8 players but only 4 are signed Mansaram and Singh and Sligo keeper not signed yet but will be bohs players.

Drogs signed o keeffe :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

KdjaCL wrote:
    Rogers
    O Neill

Surely if they had already signed with Pats they would have been announced same time as Ndo? Aint no done deal yet. You can have Rogers but oh holy fcuk do I want to see O'Neill stay if Byrne and Crowe leave.

Anyway, thanks for everything Joey! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

KdjaCL wrote:
    Complete confirmed transfers so far

Afaik Bohs have got 8 players but only 4 are signed Mansaram and Singh and Sligo keeper not signed yet but will be bohs players.

Drogs signed o keeffe :confused:

kdjac

The players they have signed are hardly the best in the league like they said they were going to sign....

I have to say i dont know a whole lot about o keeffe but we trust doolo and the other signing are fantastic and in just the positions we need them.

Surely if they had already signed with Pats they would have been announced same time as Ndo? Aint no done deal yet. You can have Rogers but oh holy fcuk do I want to see O'Neill stay if Byrne and Crowe leave.

Offered deals agreed deals, havent signed deals. They could be using to get a gig elsewhere, dont really care tbh. Fact we making decent signings bodes well for the season.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

redzerdrog wrote:
    The players they have signed are hardly the best in the league like they said they were going to sign....

I have to say i dont know a whole lot about o keeffe but we trust doolo and the other signing are fantastic and in just the positions we need them.

Doolin like Johnny McDonnell still hasn't convinced me he's a good manager

Ndo is a great signing for the Saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

When did Bohs say they were going to sign the 5 best players in the league? :confused:

• Advertisement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/6222643.stm

Motherwell complete EL swoop.
    Left-back Danny Murphy, 23, has signed from Cork City until 2009.

Striker Trevor Molloy, 30, and midfielder Paul Keegan, 33, have both joined from St Patrick's Athletic on 18-month contracts.

Reports suggest that the deal for Molloy could eventually earn St Pat's up to £100,000.

Lol we sold him twice :D

kdjac

Some handy business there! Is that what's paying Ndo's wages...? :)

Nope we dont get that money straight away, we get little bits and a game vs them where we keep the gate (guess we got a game in europe after all). O Neill wants 1k net a week and is waiting to see if Shels can offer/guarantee that. Is he worth it?

Ollie Byrne to stand down as new investor wants control and doesnt want ollie anywhere near money? Sun has an article about it today.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Who's Motherwell's scout?

Paul "yer man from Dire Straits" Keegan FFS:rolleyes:

Cork City once again showing how pathetic they are in the board room, letting the best left back in the league go for free:mad:

Cork City : Run by Amateurs

Probably not, they have some pretty shocking new ticket prices
    Season ticket prices
    Stand
    Adult €215 - now €290 - 33% increase

Ground
    Adult €140 - now €215 - 50% increase

Prices for child season ticket more than doubled

Prices are being increased to €20 per game
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Sun has an article about it today.
    :rolleyes:

Must be true so.

Jesus, I can't believe you would actually mention that rag as a source?
    KdjaCL wrote:
    O Neill wants 1k net a week and is waiting to see if Shels can offer/guarantee that. Is he worth it?
    In a word, yes. He will be the best striker in the LoISuperPremiership in two years.

seansouth wrote:
    Probably not, they have some pretty shocking new ticket prices

:rolleyes:

Must be true so.

Jesus, I can't believe you would actually mention that rag as a source?

They said 3 weeks ago ndo was going to pats :o

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    They said 3 weeks ago ndo was going to pats :o

kdjac
    Poo, you said that in the summer, or before that. They probably read that here ffs.

seansouth wrote:
    Poo, you said that in the summer, or before that. They probably read that here ffs.

So is Ollie going or do Shels fans know whats going on with the new investor?
    Odd how others do know but shels fans dont :p

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    O Neill wants 1k net a week and is waiting to see if Shels can offer/guarantee that. Is he worth it?

kdjac

Yes!

I'd take him. Real live wire. Chases lost causes and is getting better and better.

Have Cork offered Mulcahy a contract yet? Pats really only care if he signs. Player of the season for us but wants to go to Cork and Cork want him but no deal yet and hasnt signed the one we offered, hopefully the signings we making convince him to stay.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Have Cork offered Mulcahy a contract yet? Pats really only care if he signs. Player of the season for us but wants to go to Cork and Cork want him but no deal yet and hasnt signed the one we offered, hopefully the signings we making convince him to stay.

kdjac

Haven't heard.

Would love him in a City shirt. It would give Gamble a new lease of life with Mulcahy holding.

So the longer the unrest in Cork goes on the better for us, same with Rovers the longer Thomas Davis keep the ground in court and win the better it is for us, and same for Shels longer they ****ed the better it is for our squad.

happy times !!!!

kdjac

Cork City once again showing how pathetic they are in the board room, letting the best left back in the league go for free:mad:

Cork City : Run by Amateurs

How many more times, Danny Murphy said himself that City made him a very good offer, but he refused as he wanted a new challenge elsewhere. But then, facts dont matter, when they get in the way of a good old fashioned swipe at the club, do they? :rolleyes:

KdjaCL wrote:
    So the longer the unrest in Cork goes on the better for us, same with Rovers the longer Thomas Davis keep the ground in court and win the better it is for us, and same for Shels longer they ****ed the better it is for our squad.

happy times !!!!

kdjac

St. Vultures FC.

gimmick wrote:
    How many more times, Danny Murphy said himself that City made him a very good offer, but he refused as he wanted a new challenge elsewhere. But then, facts dont matter, when they get in the way of a good old fashioned swipe at the club, do they? :rolleyes:

So, you are saying that what is going on with the club is positive.

I am not alone in what I am thinking. There are too many **** ups happening in recent times.

I'm saying it because I care. I was at the 1st FORAS meeting and am waiting for it to start, I am a season ticket holder, and in case you hadn't noticed the club is not been run properly.

Are you happy with the present management?

There is a medal in the post for you. I hope you get it.

I, like most City fans, am not exactly delighted with the happenings of the moment. I would prefer if there was a big well of cash that we could go out and spend spend spend. But i would way prefer to tighten our belts if it means a secure future for the club.

The gtransfer window will tell alot,

gimmick wrote:
    There is a medal in the post for you. I hope you get it.

I, like most City fans, am not exactly delighted with the happenings of the moment. I would prefer if there was a big well of cash that we could go out and spend spend spend. But i would way prefer to tighten our belts if it means a secure future for the club.

The gtransfer window will tell alot,

The FORAS and season tickets were in reference to a post a few weeks ago!!!;)

Doesn't have to mean tightning of belts, maybe better business practices.

Lennox has LOST HIS OWN MONEY running Cork, I hope for the sake of cúnts who don't understand the sacrifice involved, that he pulls out and they go belly up like all their previous incarnations, would serve their blow-in army right. :mad:

Bateman wrote:
    Lennox has LOST HIS OWN MONEY running Cork, I hope for the sake of cúnts who don't understand the sacrifice involved, that he pulls out and they go belly up like all their previous incarnations, would serve their blow-in army right. :mad:

Says the guy from Dublin.:rolleyes:

All most fans want to see a club that is well run by people that know what they are doing and not by a bunch of "YES MEN".:mad:

• Advertisement

Says the guy from Dublin.:rolleyes:

All most fans want to see a club that is well run by people that know what they are doing and not by a bunch of "YES MEN".:mad:

And who are those people? Do they even exist? Professional people, never mind investors, don't want to get involved with eL clubs, that's the reality.

Bateman wrote:
    And who are those people? Do they even exist? Professional people, never mind investors, don't want to get involved with eL clubs, that's the reality.

Thats your reality.:rolleyes:

In Cork the positions aren't even advertised.:mad: And when they are the person is sacked if they start to ruffle a few feathers.

Our general manager was sacked the week before Christmas. Derek Kiely was more qualified than anybody to work in the position he was given. He has worked with Choras and Setanta and is a City fan. As soon as he took over he started communicating the inner activities of the club. Nothing major, general things that concerned the fans. Now, hes gone.

The only professional people at the club are the players and the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

waterford
    In
    Vinny Sullivan (Cork C)
    Ray Scully (Dundalk)
    David Breen (Cobh Rmbs)
    Shane Harte (Unattached)
    Alan Mulcahy (Kildare C)
    Stephen Cooling (Waterford Utd)
    Willie Bruton (Cobh Ramblers)
    Robert Brosnan (Cobh Ramblers)

Out
    Alan Cawley (Bray Wndrs)
    Shay Dunphy (Free)
    Ger McCarthy (Retired)
    Stephen Grant (Free)

Thats your reality.:rolleyes:

In Cork the positions aren't even advertised.:mad: And when they are the person is sacked if they start to ruffle a few feathers.

Our general manager was sacked the week before Christmas. Derek Kiely was more qualified than anybody to work in the position he was given. He has worked with Choras and Setanta and is a City fan. As soon as he took over he started communicating the inner activities of the club. Nothing major, general things that concerned the fans. Now, hes gone.

The only professional people at the club are the players and the manager.

Can I ask you one thing, and sorry for seeming like I am just criticising your posts for the sake of it, but what did Derek IKiely actually do while in the position of commercial manager? A table quiz - great. A small sponsorship deal with Lesiureworld - great. What else? Nothing. The last home game of the season was not sponsored, nor was the ball. Information wasnt given as freely as people said. Sure, he organised the rebel army xmas do in the Silversprings, but he forgot to advertise it, only 38 people turned up, and to compund it, he forgot to bring a float. Smacks of amatuerism to me. He talked a good fight, but did not deliver anything of note in the 7 months he was around. With regard to his being let go on Christmas week, well, yes, the timing was pretty awful, but business is business.

The new commercial manager is being introduced this week as far as I know, and he has more experience than Kiely, or indeed anyone in the league at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sean Dillon has left Shelbourne for Dundee for an undisclosed fee.

:( SPL clubs going mad with EL players at the moment. Motherwell signed 3 (including the strikeforce of the club that finished 7th, ooooh!), Dundee sign Sean, and rumours of a few more interested in some more Shels players. Would have done anything to keep Sean here!

On an equally sad note, that brings and end to the best football song ever, bar none.

• Advertisement

what was the song involving Dillon?

Also can a Cork City fan explain to me why there is so much infighting constantly going on between you lot?

And the longer the O'Neill to the Saints saga goes on the more worried I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

what was the song involving Dillon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z18nOH7R_4I

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Very good :D

Schooligan central right there too ;)

Also can a Cork City fan explain to me why there is so much infighting constantly going on between you lot?

Its just in our nature I suppose. Even when we won the league the fans were not totally united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Schooligan central right there too

If you say so... What you can't see is the four Bohs 15 year olds standing holding their scarves above their head about thirty yards away shouting "Bohs Ultras" before being chased away by Dave Rogers. Now thats comedy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement