Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Also can a Cork City fan explain to me why there is so much infighting constantly going on between you lot?

best summed up like this really:
    Applehunter: Excuse me. Are you the Cork People's Front?
    gimmick: **** off!
    Applehunter: Excuse me?
    gimmick: Cork People's Front. We're the People's Front of Cork! Cork People's Front. Cawk.
    Francis: ****.
    Applehunter: Can I... join your group?
    gimmick: No, piss off.
    Applehunter: I don't want to sell this stuff, it's only a job. I hate the Romans as much as anybody.
    Dolan111111: Are you sure?
    Applehunter: Oh, dead sure. I hate the Dubs alrighty.
    gimmick: Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really hate the Dubs.
    Applehunter: I do!
    gimmick: Oh, yeah? How much?
    Applehunter: A lot!
    gimmick: Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Dubs are the ****ing Cork People's Front.
    Rico111111: Yeah, the Cork People's Front.
    gimmick: Yeah. Splitters.
    Rico111111: And the Popular Front of Cork.
    gimmick: Yeah. Splitters.
    Rico111111: And the People's Front of Cork.
    gimmick: Yea... what?
    Rico111111: The People's Front of Cork. Splitters.
    gimmick: We're the People's Front of Cork!
    Rico111111: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.
    gimmick: People's Front!
    Francis: Whatever happened to the Popular Front, gimmick?
    gimmick: He's over there. [points to a lone man]
    gimmick, Rico111111, Francis, Dolan111111: SPLITTER!

:D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Zebra3 wrote:
    Sean Dillon has left Shelbourne for Dundee for an undisclosed fee.

Well somebody might wanna tell him....

http://www.98fm.ie/Newsite/GENERAL/newsandsport/newsandsport.asp
    DILLON DOESN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT DUNDEE UTD MOVE
    Shelbourne FC today sent out a Press Release announcing that Sean Dillon has moved to Dundee United, for an undisclosed fee. However, there seems to be some confusion over the matter - and a question mark hangs over - just how much Sean knows about the deal. 98fm Sport understands that Sean wasn't aware of the move until the media contacted in relation to the move.

Nothing on Dundee United's official site either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The SHels website has it reported as a done deal, The Dundee fansite says theres still a couple of things to be ironed out. Like speaking to the player I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Financial troubles haven't dimmed the famous Shels delusion, long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Wow, we're so desperate to sell players we're not even telling them about it :rolleyes:

It goes from bad to worse and to..........

It goes from bad to worse and to..........

fcuked?

Out
    David Tyrrell (Bray Wndrs)
    Stuart Byrne (Drogheda Utd)
    Dean Delaney (Free)
    David Crawley (Dundalk)
    Ollie Cahill (Drogheda)
    Joseph Ndo (St. Pat's Ath)
    James Chambers (Free)
    Sean Dillon (Dundee Utd)

last team by shels

* Steve Williams
    * Sean Dillon *
    * Colin Hawkins
    * Owen Heary _
    * Dave Rogers _
    * Stuart Byrne *
    * Ollie Cahill *
    * Joseph Ndo *
    * Bobby Ryan _
    * Jason Byrne _
    * Glen Crowe _

* gone
    _ in talks with other clubs.

Im worried about losing our best player Mulcahy, you must be gone beyond worried and onto insane by now.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    fcuked?

Out
    Dean Delaney (Free)
    David Crawley (Dundalk)
    Ollie Cahill (Drogheda)
    James Chambers (Free)
    Sean Dillon (Dundee Utd)

last team by shels

* Steve Williams
    * Sean Dillon *
    * Colin Hawkins
    * Owen Heary _
    * Dave Rogers _
    * Stuart Byrne *
    * Ollie Cahill *
    * Joseph Ndo *
    * Bobby Ryan _
    * Jason Byrne _
    * Glen Crowe _

* gone

Im worried about losing our best player Mulcahy, you must be gone beyond worried and onto insane by now.

kdjac

Why should they be worried? Everyone knows Ollie is going to save the day. Haven't you heard? There's an investor coming onboard, Ollie's stepping down. I think there are a few deckchairs out in Tolka that need rearranging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote:
    you must be gone beyond worried and onto insane by now.

The second the final whistle went in the Bohs game almost every Shels fan knew that it was the last time they'd see a decent portion of the current squad playing for Shels, and that it would be the last time we'd win the league for a while.

It's not as though we all went mental and were drooling over the prospect of Champions League glory next season, but the fact that we did win it was so sweet, a great way for an era to end.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The second the final whistle went in the Bohs game almost every Shels fan knew that it was the last time they'd see a decent portion of the current squad playing for Shels, and that it would be the last time we'd win the league for a while.

It's not as though we all went mental and were drooling over the prospect of Champions League glory next season, but the fact that we did win it was so sweet, a great way for an era to end.

Winning league = era ending? isnt what relegation does :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote:
    Winning league = era ending? isnt what relegation does

era - "A period of time characterized by particular circumstances, events, or personages."

It's the last time we'll win the league for a while, therefore its the end of our recent winning streak, the end of the Fenlon era etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    era - "A period of time characterized by particular circumstances, events, or personages."

It's the last time we'll win the league for a while, therefore its the end of our recent winning streak, the end of the Fenlon era etc...

Despite the fact that they duped us out of the "official" title a few years back, I take no great satisfaction out of Shels current situation. You lot are going to be going into the Champions League with probably the worst starting eleven to go into it since 5-0 losses were the norm, it's going to look baaaad

The thing is though, we've all been saying for years something fishy had to be going on, and Shels fans usual response was along the lines of "jealous eh?"

Ollie has been running that club into the ground for the past ten years. Trying to sustain the squad Shels had was financial suicide, and drawing down monies from a ground sale that has yet to even happen to cover day to day expenses - it's beyond belief. It'll be a blow that will take your club a long long time to recover from, and the first step you lot need to take is to make Ollie walk the plank

Rumours are rife on our board that some players of yours haven't been paid in five weeks, know anything more about it?

Still at least, it'll be nice to see Pat's going to Tolka with at least a fighting chance of winning now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rumours are rife on our board that some players of yours haven't been paid in five weeks, know anything more about it?

Fcuk sake, we've not been paying players on and off for the last couple of years, you should ditch the Pats board and read here more often...KdjaCL has been saying it for ages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Shels situation is almost identical to the Leeds situation albeit with lesser sums of money involved. If I was a Shels fan I would be very very worried at the moment. Ollie is the Peter Ridsdale of the Eircom League.

Fcuk sake, we've not been paying players on and off for the last couple of years, you should ditch the Pats board and read here more often...KdjaCL has been saying it for ages.

True, but the non payment has taken a severe turn for the worse in the last few months, sure every club in the eL has defaulted on wages at some point, just not to this extent

Get a look at the Mail today if you can, very damning on Shels, claims made include:

Dillon sold without his knowledge so refusing to go
    Heary, byrne and ryan declaring themselves as free agents
    Players not paid for over 6 weeks – one cant even afford petrol

Absolutely shocking stuff, it's making the league as a whole seem like a comedy show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

who is Jason Byrne in talks with?

I know drogheda enquired about him but the wages he was looking for was far too high even for us....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

This is all fantastic but if Byrne ends up in a Bohs jersey I wont be happy. Id say he'll lower his wage demands and either move to Derry or Pats.

redzerdrog wrote:
    who is Jason Byrne in talks with?

I know drogheda enquired about him but the wages he was looking for was far too high even for us....

It's very much a players market at the minute though

It's well known Bohs and Drogs have money, so players are trying out a few inflated demands

KdjaCL wrote:
    fcuked?

Out
    Dean Delaney (Free)
    David Crawley (Dundalk)
    Ollie Cahill (Drogheda)
    James Chambers (Free)
    Sean Dillon (Dundee Utd)

last team by shels

* Steve Williams
    * Sean Dillon *
    * Colin Hawkins
    * Owen Heary _
    * Dave Rogers _
    * Stuart Byrne *
    * Ollie Cahill *
    * Joseph Ndo *
    * Bobby Ryan _
    * Jason Byrne _
    * Glen Crowe _

* gone

kdjac

Yeah insane in a way i'm not shedding tears over seeing our best players leave. Shels can't afford these guys so as far as i'm concerned when one leaves our wage bill goes down which is only a good thing. When one leaves the reality hits home further (It better be hitting home with Oliie) and that Shels cant sustain this madness and start over again, be it going back to part-time (I can't see any other option in this current climate), get a proper structure (and common sense!) and sort out our ground situation - thats what I care about. Short term we need a manager now (who would be mad enough to take the position?) and hopefully we'll have some thown together squad this season that will be strong enough not to get relegated and give some shot at the Champions league - seems far off at the moment but is still very achievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City have rejected an official bid from Southend United for Roy O Donovan.

• Advertisement

It's very much a players market at the minute though

It's well known Bohs and Drogs have money, so players are trying out a few inflated demands

The biggest rumours I've heard in relation to inflated demands have been coming from Ndo, and we know where he went, along with Gary O'Neill. I wonder is there a plan at Pat's to go for broke Shels-style, and then trade themselves into a position where they are forced to up sticks and move to Tallaght. Or am I just aping some of your more paranoid fans? :)

O Neil signed for Pats tonight alledgley.
    Or am I just aping some of your more paranoid fans?

We have a few full time players unlikley we will do a "shels" as we cant afford to in the 1st place, but tallaght is our most likely destination assuming Thomas Davis dont win or shels go there.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

KdjaCL wrote:
    O Neil signed for Pats tonight alledgley.

kdjac

Heard the same myself. Fantastic signing for you (if true?). :(

04/01/2007 [10:24]
    SAINTS SIGN O'NEILL
    St. Patrick’s Athletic are delighted to announce that they have signed striker Gary O’Neill from Shelbourne.

Gary signed for Shelbourne in March 2005 from Dublin City. The livewire striker scored 10 goals for Shelbourne during the 2006 season.

Speaking today to stpatsfc.com manager John Mc Donnell welcomed Gary to the club "We have brought Gary in to score goals and I know he will not let us down".

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=1299

Confirmed.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jeaysus.

Great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Didnt know Daivd forde went to cardiff. Interesting mvoe.

• Advertisement

does anyone have an idea of what sort of wages pats are paying N'do?

he is another who drogheda tried but was demanding far too much.

redzerdrog wrote:
    does anyone have an idea of what sort of wages pats are paying N'do?

he is another who drogheda tried but was demanding far too much.

AFAIK it was one offer to Pats, and a much more inflated offer to Bohs and Drogs, he wanted to go to Pats

AFAIK it was one offer to Pats, and a much more inflated offer to Bohs and Drogs, he wanted to go to Pats

So you're saying if Bohs or Drogs offered him his wage demands (I heard close to the 3k mark) he would have still joined Pats? I find that hard to believe. He was talking to other clubs, he was interested in playing for them, Pats weren't his one and only.

He asked Bohs and drogs for 3k +1k rent for a flat. Accepted 1.5k off Pats.

kdjac

Rogers to sign for Pats next week, Heary in talks with Pats Bohs and Drogs.

We have let 12 players go 3 full time and 9 part time, received nearly 100k for one and signed 3 players. The futures so bright i gotta wear :cool:

Thomas Davis going to win the Rovers case but not in the manner they want (only youths allowed play so no pitch lengthening) and with them and Rovers together we stay in Richer for at least 2 seasons :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

I cant see drogs signing heary i dont think we need him to be honest. Brian Shelley was top class last season and got player of the year.

redzerdrog wrote:
    I cant see drogs signing heary i dont think we need him to be honest. Brian Shelley was top class last season and got player of the year.

I heard its a done deal to Bohs but as captain he holding on till other players sorted with Shels.

Bohs fans love him so i have heard :D

kdjac

I wonder will the Bohs fans continue to call Heary a pissy bastard when he's wearing a Gypo kit next year

Trying to tott it up in my head Kdjac, but who are the 12 we released? I'm short a few

Keego, Molloy, Armstrong, Rutherford, Leister, Grogan, Maher, Caffrey is who I have

http://www.stpatsfc.com/
    Team
    Past players

No idea who some of them are.

kdjac

Ah I see now, cool

Drogheda United's two latest signings Aidan O'Keefe and Ollie Cahill have both commented on their recent switches to the County Louth club. O'Keefe has joined from Bohemians while Cahill has ended a successful run with troubled Shelbourne.

Cahill arguably had his best season ever in 2006 as Shelbourne clinched the eircom League championship. The left sided midfielder was a nomination for PFAI player of the year and was one of the Dublin club's most consistent performers. Following an amazing run of success at Tolka Park, Cahill doesn't believe the move will end his collection of medals. "I've had some great years with Shels, three league championship medalsand a truly amazing European experience but I'm still hungry for more success and I truly believe that Drogheda can help me achieve more success in the game", he said.

O'Keefe spent roughly eighteen months at Bohs after switching from Saint Patrick's Athletic. He can operate both up front and as an attacking midfielder. Speaking on the move, he is looking forward to the challenges ahead, "it was a bit of a shock at first when I got the call from Doolin but at the end of our initial conversation I knew that I wanted to sign. I'm so looking forward to the Setanta Cup, the UEFA Cup and the league campaign."

Drogheda United chairman Vincent Hoey commented on both moves saying, "Ollie Cahill has, without doubt, been outstanding for Shelbourne over the last few years and Drogheda will surely benefit from his ability, experience and commitment that he portrayed in winning three league titles with Shels. Aidan is a model professional and will have no bother fitting in here at Drogheda. He scored seven or eight times for Bohemians last year and will be a big hit with the Drogs fans."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

"I've had some great years with Shels, three league championship medalsand a truly amazing European experience but I'm still hungry for more success and I truly believe that Drogheda can help me achieve more success in the game",
    True.

Aidan O'Keefe is an infuriating player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Aidan O'Keefe is an infuriating player
    Mistake to let him go in my view. Never got a fair crack at Bohs.

SectionF wrote:
    Mistake to let him go in my view. Never got a fair crack at Bohs.

Of course scored vs us in 1st game vs us, good player but infuriating isnt the word like a better Ger Rowe with the same tendencies to waste chances.

kdjac

• Advertisement

He got eight goals in 15 starts last season.
    http://www.bohemian-fc.com/home/stats/player.php?sort=goals&id=24

I've been hearing that Heary to Bohs is a done deal, but still awaiting media confirmation.

Pre-contract; still has to get out of his contract at Shels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Steve Gough has left Longford and will be playing for Bray next season, so I heard.

Bateman wrote:
    I've been hearing that Heary to Bohs is a done deal, but still awaiting media confirmation.

The Irish Times the other day said Heary had signed a pre-contract three year deal, subject to his being able to shake off his Shels shackles.

Bohs are set to bid for Cliftonville midfielder Conor Downey this week, according to The Mirror.

And we have rejected a £150,000 (€224,000) offer for Stephen Ward from Mick McCarthy, having already turned down €200,000 from Dunfermline.

Ward gone to Wolves or Dunfermline?

In 300k deal which is largest deal in El history if you ignore byrne to wimbledon
    Odd ward being sold thought Bohs were the buying club, would imagine Crowe to Bohs is gonna be a done deal so.

kdjac

Wolves.

Crowe would still need to get out on a free legally, or Bohs will have a fee to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is jason byrne going to cardiff?

Is jason byrne going to cardiff?

On trial for a week, they tranfer listed a striker so may get an offer.

kdjac

• Advertisement

I think Heary to Bohs is a done deal, not sure about Crowe tbh. Ollie hasn't a leg to stand on legally, all the rest have gone so I'm not sure what's taking so long with Crowe. :confused:

Advertisement