Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL Transfers and Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Bah. Delighted with this. If nothing else, its a huge publicity stunt, and a statement of intent. The question is now, how does Rico accomadate them all - Gamble, Healy and Farrelly for 2 centre spots. Healy on the right perhaps?

Darragh Ryan expected to sign later in the week with Paul Hopkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Healy played on the right for Sunderland a few times and Celtic afaik.

Gamble may now get a free role behind a striker.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

great signing for cork and great to see a player of his quality in the EL.

Gamble is a defensive midfielder, so that wont happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

No link but according to the Bohs mb Farrely signing is in doubt as cant be regged for 3 clubs in 12 months
    Id also be surprised to see Farrelly live in Cork as he has a young family in England and didnt spend more than half a week at a time in his home county while player manager of Bohs.

edit - linky http://www.elevenaside.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26602

bohsman wrote:
    No link but according to the Bohs mb Farrely signing is in doubt as cant be regged for 3 clubs in 12 months
    Id also be surprised to see Farrelly live in Cork as he has a young family in England and didnt spend more than half a week at a time in his home county while player manager of Bohs.

They disregard blackpool per Mascherano , the leagues overlap so its technically a new season for EL. Was in todays paper.

kdjac

drogs have a trialist at the min he played the full match in the 2-1 min over dundalk last night at left back.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Kendrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Healy is a great signing for City, he looked an extremely bright talent at one point, but a couple of nasty injuries caused him to lose confidence and form. I think he definitely has the potential to become a key player for us in the Eircom League though.

Not so keen on Farrelly to be honest, if we got Neil Mellor though, that truly would be a coup :D

Neil Mellor will not be coming to Cork City. Ask Dave Rogers why not!

Cork City have completed the signing of left back Darragh Ryan from UCD (or was he a free agent). Trialist Paul Hopkin has been told he wont be offered a deal. Rico has said there are another 2 players on the way.

Re Joe Kendrick, City have also been linked with him, but I would assume with the signing of Ryan that wont be happening now.

pat sullivan has rejoined UCD from drogheda utd.

hope things works out for him he never got a chance to show his ability with drogs due to illness.

• Advertisement

It appears Colin Healy has changed his mind and is now not joining Cork City.

Reading between the lines, that should read Colin Healys agent is a greedy so and so. Cant imagine Col will be too popular in Cork if true. No way should CCFC be held to ransom by a player who has no club, and hasn't done anything significant since returning from injury.

So where is he going? Has to be an EL side or umm nowhere as hes a free agent cant sign for an english club, can he :confused:

kdjac

Im now hearing that everything is okay again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Its never straightforward with City it appears.

You had me frightened there for a minute

It is finally official.

It is a 2 year deal. The hold up was a problem with him registering for tax credits in ireland. Only the Irish system could cause an Irish citizens application to work (and pay tax) be held up.

If he stays fit, and shows the form pre injury, City have signed a gem.

Heres hoping. Neale Horgan, the best right full in the eL, has also signed a new 2 year del after rejecting a contract from MLS side Colorado Rapids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longford have signed Mark Rutherford, Gary Deegan and David Lee, some other signings before the deadline hits are meant to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

If the Colin Healy thread gets moved here how come thread about indivduals associated with the clubs that have their own threads dont get moved there ?

gustavo wrote:
    If the Colin Healy thread gets moved here how come thread about indivduals associated with the clubs that have their own threads dont get moved there ?

eh what?

Longford have signed Mark Rutherford

Hes never going to retire is he?

kdjac

Longford have signed Mark Rutherford,

Surprising as he has supposedly moved to Cork. Honestly thought he would end up with either Ramblers or Waterford.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

redzerdrog wrote:
    pat sullivan has rejoined UCD from drogheda utd.

hope things works out for him he never got a chance to show his ability with drogs due to illness.

Pat Sullivan has joined Longford Town, he played pretty well tonght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

redzerdrog wrote:
    "It's been a while since Roddy worked but if he wants to drop his CV in to Tolka Park then I am sure I could find him some plastering work."
    I love this guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Cork City's plans for the new eircom League season were dealt a blow yesterday when FIFA rejected their applications to register Colin Healy and Gareth Farrelly with the club.

Manager Damien Richardson had been hoping to secure the signature of the midfielders, but as both players have already played for two clubs in the past 12 months, they are not permitted to sign for a third club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Alan Moore in, according to The Mirror. Thought to be pay-per-play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

waterford In

Ben spicer is back and dave warren has signed from cobh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

KdjaCL wrote:
    eh what?

I mean if there is an official Manchester United thread lets say then why do other thread that open up relating to them not get moved to that thread when Colin Healy got moved

But is said Colin Healy signs for ....only really related to transfer thread. Now its a FIFA issue so probably deserves a thread :)

kdjac

Pats to sign Zayed on July 1st due to ummmm well its pats and if you cant pay your players we get them :D

kdjac

^ Is that true?

Sign of things to come for Drogs?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Is that true?

It's KdjaCL posting it, so probably not

• Advertisement

IF Zayed is moving to spa its nothing to do with not being able to pay wages more like we have 27 strikers and he has hardly set the world alight with drogs. I know he hasnt really got a proper run in the team either but that is because Doolo thinks he is lazy.

redzerdrog wrote:
    IF Zayed is moving to spa its nothing to do with not being able to pay wages more like we have 27 strikers and he has hardly set the world alight with drogs. I know he hasnt really got a proper run in the team either but that is because Doolo thinks he is lazy.

If thats the case then there would be a transfer fee afaik there isnt, dont want him tbh dont think hes arsed playing in the league anymore. But JMC has large wad of cash to spend and Zayed one of the few that can be got in the EL.

kdjac

It's KdjaCL posting it, so probably not

lol no its means it usually will end out being right......eventually

kdjac

Drogs to sign Robbie Doyle?

http://elitrix.net/saints/viewtopic.php?t=3396&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Super Snooping pats fan.

:D

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

can you paste it here i can view that without sighning up and i am far too lazy!!!

i heard that doolo has 3 players lined up for when the transfer window open the only name i heard mention so far is mark farren

http://elitrix.net/saints/album_pic.php?pic_id=178
    I was in at a meeting earlier on this morning. And I was greeted by the sight of Paul Doolin on his mobile waiting to meet someone and holding what looked like a Drogheda contract in his hand.

Robbie Doyle showed up about 10 minutes later. They discussed a long term contract and if Robbie was interested, if he was interested in playing in the league again, his commitment to Drogheda united and how he saw his future with the club.

Doolin also went on to discuss how bad the sqaud was at the moment with no strikers, and an extensive treatment list which wasn't looking good for getting them through this season. He mentioned no names, but he sounded pretty worried about his current injury list.

Classic stuff :)

kdjac

Odd one this - John Hollins to be appointed Director Of Football at CCFC? Wasn't he in Dream Team at one point?

If true, looks like Rico will be out on his ear rather soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Not sure if this has been posted but Limerick 37 have signed robbie kelleher and wayne colbert from shamrock rovers.

Pats rumoured to be signing all of the below from various papers mainly Sun and Mirror

Jason Byrne
    Bobby Ryan
    Barry Quinn
    Owen Morrision (Derry interested in him too)
    Conor Sammon
    Willo Flood (gone to Dundee afaik)
    Sean Thornton

Some others i have heard but the insanity of them isnt worth posting ;)

kdjac

Drogheda rumoured to be signing all of the below from various papers mainly Sun and Mirror

Jason Byrne
    Bobby Ryan
    Barry Quinn
    Owen Morrision (Derry interested in him too)
    Conor Sammon
    Willo Flood (gone to Dundee afaik)
    Sean Thornton

Some others i have heard but the insanity of them isnt worth posting

• Advertisement

You left out Peter Thompson :p

kdjac

Apparently an ex-Shels manager was spotted in a bar in Malahide with an ex-Ireland manager, drinking pints.

The two wouldn't be known to be drinking bussies either.

The ex-Ireland manager is currently involved with a Premier Division team, and the ex-Shels manager is recently out of work.

:cool:

All the top managers were there not just Fenlon and kerr, Connor, Doolin, Houllier and a few others for the coaching seminar.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City are chasing Jason Byrne(Robbie Keane's cousin:D ) and the fee would be €100,000.

Proven goalscorer in europe and in the EL. Good price if we can afford it.

Cork City are chasing Jason Byrne(Robbie Keane's cousin:D ) and the fee would be €100,000.

Proven goalscorer in europe and in the EL. Good price if we can afford it.

Seemingly a done deal to us but his family just moved over there so i doubt he leaving. Nice replacement for Roy tho for you, we have someone else on loan till end of season an ex PL player :eek: If it comes off is it a step down or up :D

kdjac

Any truth in the rumour that a certain scouser will be kissing the Pat's crest in the not too distant future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

seansouth wrote:
    Any truth in the rumour that a certain scouser will be kissing the Pat's crest in the not too distant future?
    I haven't seen KdjaCL speculating about recently, if the move was going to happen I'm sure KdjaCL would have had the exclusive scoop about 28 months ago.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Gareth Cronin has placed Willie Bruton and Alan Reynolds on the transfer list.

He has also signed former Aberdeen striker Willy John Kiely. The Irish international played club football with Abbeyside in Dungarvan before signing for Aberdeen and he was part of their Scottish Under 18 Cup winning side two years ago. He is not eligible for Sunday but comes into the squad for the game against St. Pat´s.

I haven't seen KdjaCL speculating about recently, if the move was going to happen I'm sure KdjaCL would have had the exclusive scoop about 28 months ago.....

Only with players i like/want. Signing on monday transfer listed by Derry and not playing tonight. Not his biggest fan but we lack a **** at the back.

kdjac

• Advertisement

rumours have it that drogs are about to sign a striker:eek: by the name of richie foran, I heard this today off one of the lads so dont know how reliable it is but it is a rumours thread after all.

gavin whealan and someone else i think it might be fitzy are on the transfer list.

Advertisement