Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resizing gif

Options
  • 18-11-2006 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey,

I have defined my header in css, but my gif is larger than the height/width defined in the header. So when I view the page, only a portion of the gif is displayed.

Do I have to resize the gif or is there a way of telling the browser to resize it automatically ?

btw I tried to resize it in photoshop too but it will only do it in proportion. i.e. if I change the height the width automatically changes too :mad:

#header {
    margin : 60px;
    padding-top : 70px;
    height : 200px;
    width : 650px;
    background : #5e5d50;
    background-image : url(images/rain.gif);
    background-repeat : no-repeat;
    background-position : center center;
    background-attachment : scroll;
    border-right : 1px dashed #aec16f;
    border-top : 1px dashed #aec16f;
    border-left : 1px dashed #aec16f;
    color : #7a7b59;
    font-size : 1.87em;
    line-height : 1.47em;
    color : #ECE9D8;
    }

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

There's no handy way to resize automatically. You can do it in Photoshop though, when you're resizing, in the window there's a check box that says Constrain Proportions, uncheck that and you can specify width and height yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you can try
    #header image{width:..px; height:..px;}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

louie wrote:
    you can try
    #header image{width:..px; height:..px;}
    Bad solution imo, that means the gif is unnecessarily large and takes longer to load, best to resize it so its smaller (speaking as in kB's fyi) and downloads quicker.

Advertisement