Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Striker Extreme Mobo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

seems nice .but my dfi board had lots of the features they were going " OMG never has this been SEEN before this is a masterpice":)

but that board looks sweet if i am going cd any time soon i would say that or the new dfi will be in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-208-AS

now taking pre-orders at Overclockers.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

TonyM. wrote:

400 euro!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: feck of would ya!

Maybe Santa will bring you one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

anyone know any local retailers for the p5 680i version?

Pretty much the striker without the bells and whistles, esata and solid capacitors....

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

TonyM. wrote:
    Maybe Santa will bring you one ?

well then i suppose he'd need to bring me 2 8800GTX's too :)

*drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Already somone on the OcUK forums Striker thread is sending his back. Crappy vcore and very hot temps when overclocking.

Personally I decided on the Intel Bad Axe 2. I want something that will allow me overclock my quad core and this seems made for it and appears to at least match the 680i in terms of fsb capabilities on quad core.

I suppose it means no SLI for me in the near future but then again the 680i boards have too many niggly things wrong with them for my liking. I know most of it will be fixed with updated bios - but things that annoy me are stuff like no fan control working, reduced sli performance claimed by some after the beta bios sound fix, event viewer errors for sata drives (par for the course for nvidia), chipset runs really hot and noisy chipset fan is needed to keep it cool, memory performance only matching 975x and only with T1 timings if you can get that to work etc.... I can't imagine the striker being much better especially with reports of vcore issues and Asus's tech support is total rubbish. Plus the price is hard to stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

400 euro , LOL

Advertisement