Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish champ car fan

• 18-11-2006 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello to all, am i the only champ car fan in ireland, i've been to numerous sites and not one mentions champ car. this class is what i can make of it the american version of f1 except the drivers havent got there heads up there a$$es and act like normal people, and they are allowed do donuts and tail slides after the race. its the class that kathrine legge crashed heavily a couple of months ago. give it a go next season, its on eurosport and motors tv. the best and most competitive motor racing i have seen in years.
    www.champcarworldseries.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

I watch it, well I watch anything with an engine that races!!

Champcar is good but its a long way off being American F1!

Before the split with the IRL it was a LOT LOT better.

Its certainly not the most competitive motorsport!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I watched all the races through Race Director on champcar.ws, only 3.80 a month and i dont have Eurosport, but was good. CART was much better way back when but next year there are more ChampCar teams, and both that and the IRL seem to be progressing into two nice but very different series. Havent missed a race all year and cant wait for next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

its such a shame that the two bodies divided a couple of years ago. The racing was great. But anyway, Id watch a champ race alright and I have done. The last race a mexico was interesting alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Champ Car/CART back between 1997-1999 was the best motor racing i've ever witnessed in my life. It was so superior to F1 it was unreal, those Sunday evenings watching those guys tear each other up leave me with so many happy memories. It was never the same when Greg Moore lost his life, he was without a doubt one of the most talented racing car drivers i've ever seen :(

TBH Champ Car is pale shadow of it's former self. The past few seasons have been sad to watch with such small grids and an abundance of talentless pay drivers, with no ovals now i'm completely disillusioned with the series i used to adore, i watch IRL more now and that says it all really.

American Open Wheel racing will die in 4 years if there's not a merger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Champ Car have 2 european races next year with Assen and Zolder now confirmed, also the season opener Las Vegas street race should be good. The IRL now have Mid Ohio and Belle Isle, which ironically are two of CART's former stomping grounds. Champ Car wont be returning to Milwaukee meaning its now just a street and road course series. The IRL is now the more diverse of the two. The merger will never happen, which is a shame, but if one or both series do collapse it will be no ones fault but their own. Even the full 33 car grid for Indy next year is looking unlikely, but there's talk of one team running SIX cars, so it will just be a filler grid

• Advertisement
Advertisement