Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe

Options
  • 18-11-2006 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone has bought a Hyundai Coupe if so would you recommend it or have you any bad points about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

What year and what model and engine type do you want to know about?
    There is a standard 1.6 That seems to be the most saught after model here in Ireland. Fine engine but nothing that great. Next up is a 2L and that seems to be the logical buy as its not too low on power and plenty of overtaking power in the 2L, again nothing amazing though. And the next up is the 2.7L V6 that is suprisingly underpowered for the size of the engine, Around 160BHP which isn't a whole lot more then the 2L.

So I'd stick for either a 1.6 or 2L bearing in mind neither are exactly fun to drive but have enough poke to make it fine to drive. Reliability they seem to be fine, One of my Aunts drives one and she likes it although It is a very low seater, Poor visibility and the likes. But hasn't had one issue with it. Interior is nice enough, Basic plastics but of a decent quality and has a very solid feel inside.

They are a fine coupe but nothing on the performance side, Unfortunetly. Also has a very feminine look to it :rolleyes: So thats why there is very little male's driving it.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

My girlfriends got one last year for her birthday from me. I love driving the thing myself. Is only 1.6L and it is very smooth.
    Better then my Celica at taking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Yeah I have to admit, I have been in my aunts 1.6 and it does feel quite pokey, Although I havnt been in it at high speeds I'd imagine there isn't too much pull away power at motor way speeds. But normal driving its a nice torquey and pokey engine even though its 11+ figures - 60 don't sound too impressive.

Hj

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Very Delicate (not suited to high mileage/Irish Roads) I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

louie wrote:
    My girlfriends got one last year for her birthday from me. I love driving the thing myself. Is only 1.6L and it is very smooth.
    Better then my Celica at taking off.

If I were you I'd get your Celica looked at, even the base Celica out performs the 1.6L in every gear. Sounds like you've got a problem there.

As for the Hyundai if you're going for looks and out much else get the 1.6L. If your going for performance...

Look else where.

• Advertisement
Advertisement