Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy and Michael are walking down the street..

• 19-11-2006 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

and Paddy sais to Michael " Dya remember the old Bell Lines terminal in Ferry Bank and Michael sais "No!"

belllines2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Class photo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 cwat69

jesus forgot bell lines even existed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SeanieM

and Mick sais to Paddy "Dya remember dem days when you could tell jokes in Waterford and everywan was happy!" and Paddy sais "No!"

behappy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

class pics, i think i have a few old ones of waterford around somewhere must put em up if i find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I have one of the front gate of the old jail up in Ballybricken. Must scan it in but I'd say the quality would be brutal.

• Advertisement

Ahh, come on lads, get yer old photo's in here but remember, NO JOKING!!!:( :mad: :eek:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Excellent idea lads, lets see can we keep this going. I have one or two around somewhere also. Have to get the scanner out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I'll call over to see the old fella later he's sure to have loads of pictures!

Well if ye lads do add some photo's then the first to do so, start a new thread called something like Waterford photo's or piccies or similar.
    Perhaps we can then get the thread 'stickied' so save looking for it each and every time you want to add another photo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

My god those pictures show some change in Waterford if ya compare em to newer photos!

• Advertisement

This one I took in September from roughly the same spot I took the one of Barronstrand Street in 1990.
    Now the parked car looked like it was never going to move so after a number of minutes waiting I took the shot anyway!

dscf1656pv0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

At least back in the old days you would'nt see a union jack on the quay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

meldrew wrote:

Which old days would these be now? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

meldrew wrote:

Meldrew id say it's there to stay ... Everytime i bring friends down from for the weekend I always get some abuse about it and im never left to forget about it during some friendly slagging , i think there is down between the tower / jade palace at the Thomas Francis Meagher statue too....

Advertisement