Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Truckers Forum?

Options
  • 19-11-2006 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Is it time we considered adding a forum for Truck Drivers to boards?

AFAIK, there is currently no Irish truck forum.
    I often look at the UK site http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/ and find some interesting posts e.g. truck drivers views re car drivers, etc. ....which can make for interesting (and informative!) reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Nah! Quiet please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Are truckers able to use a computer?

Anyway, I have seen very little truck related traffic on boards. Does it need it's own forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Well, if anybody takes even a quick read of the UK truckers forum I listed above they will see the amount of truck-related discussions out there.
    I'm sure Irish truckers would make the most of such a forum if it was available here.......and perhaps mentioned in an Irish truck mag or two?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Rabies wrote:

Anyway, I have seen very little truck related traffic on boards. Does it need it's own forum?
    :eek: I drive a truck and can use a computer. I also suggested an aircraft forum and got no response.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fill out an application, sign it in the appropriate places along with consent from parents and grandparents and submit it in the forums forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If mustard can get its own forum.....

colm_mcm wrote:
    If mustard can get its own forum.....
    That isn't a valid excuse, it has been tried many times.

yeah, it's too easy to underestimate the value of a forum dedicated entirely to mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Silvera wrote:
    Is it time we considered adding a forum for Truck Drivers to boards?
    Yes - count me in. :)

Rabies wrote:
    No, I have to get someone to log on and type my posts. Each night I go to bed and dream that some day I will wake up and be as intelligent as all those car drivers out there. Please God, send me a big brain just like Rabies. We are all low grade imbeciles who got our truck licences with the Green Shield stamps rather than having to do a herculean 20 minute test that the car drivers are subjected to. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

Why not have one? It's only fair.
    Shur ye could always remove it if nobody uses it...
    If truckers knew there was an irish forum i'd say they'd use it. Not a trucker myself but i still think i'd bring more diversity to the motors section and it would be interesting to see truckers views on things.

• Advertisement

how about one for bus drivers too?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I like truckin!
    Not-The-Nine-OClock-News-Hedgehog-Sandwich-317233.jpg

Im sure all the truckers never heard that one before!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

I'd would'nt mind one ;)
    It might give non-trucking people an insight into the life of a trucker , and the **** they've to put up with .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think it's fair to say that most of us here drive cars.

It's nice to hear a truckers perspective on things given they drive more sizeable and cumbersome vehicles.

If there was a dedicated truckers forum I'd probably miss out the truckers view. So I reckon let the truckers post here........

No, I have to get someone to log on and type my posts. Each night I go to bed and dream that some day I will wake up and be as intelligent as all those car drivers out there. Please God, send me a big brain just like Rabies. We are all low grade imbeciles who got our truck licences with the Green Shield stamps rather than having to do a herculean 20 minute test that the car drivers are subjected to. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Hey, my brain isn't that big. Your brain is just smaller :)

I was joking in my original post, the humour must have over taken you.
    Will try add a smiley from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Uh, Breaker One-Nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
    You got a copy on me Pig-Pen? C'mon

Uh, yeah 10-4 Pig Pen, fer sure, fer sure
    By golly it's clean clear to Flag-Town, C'mon

Uh, yeah, that's a big 10-4 Pig-Pen,
    Yeah, we definitely got us the front door good buddy,
    Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

Breaker one-nine .. Were talking about having a trucking forum .. not looking for the lyrics to a C.W McCall song :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Breaker one-nine .. Were talking about having a trucking forum .. not looking for the lyrics to a C.W McCall song :rolleyes:
    Oh crap sorry, totally mis-read the OP!

Advertisement