Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

collaboration sought

Options
  • 19-11-2006 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

i say collaboration, its not quite that

what im looking for, is a singer songwriter, who has the ability to record themselves at decent standard, who wants to let me have a go at doing something different, and something ive wanted to do for quite some time, which is basically just producing your track

you give me the vox and the guitar/piano on seperate tracks, recoreded dry and solidly to a click, and ill do the rest

anyone game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

What kind of style(s) do you work in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

a bit of everything really, im predominantly electronic, but im trying to branch out a bit

i listen to pretty much everything and i want to try something ive not done before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Whats the story with people not taking up great offers around here?!

Get your vox produced by Helix, its a no brainer you weirdos.

Helix if I could sing Id love to colab but I got the voice of a crow. Hit me up if you ever wanna mess around with some sort of electronic colab thing.

What's your set up? Mine is Cubase SX and Reason. Or are you just looking for bare bones vocals and guitar guide tracks? Either way, I'm up for it! I have alot of songs and am really into experimentnig with mixing in electronic sounds into my stuff which is quite melodic. I can also provide harmonies either at the very begining or as you work on something if you got an idea I could easily sing it and then send it to you.
    Let me know how you want it and I'll put it together.

bare bones dry vox and guitars would ba perfect

320kb 16bit mp3s will suffice for the time being and we'll see how it goes, if magic happens then we could do down the wav route?

i use cubase sx2, reason 3 and a veritable banquet of hardware, so i could send you the midi for the arrangements and that when its done for you to have a play around with my playing around?

love thee idea about adding harmonies as the track goes along, thatd be great! would lift a lot of limits with regard to working with a set vocal and such like

so we'll say maybe upload a zip or rar with the dry vocals, any guitar tracks (seperate track for each guitar track if you do much multitracking and dry preferably, tho we could work around that), and then a full version of your completed original of the track, just so i can get a feel for it as a whole before i take it apart!

the address is h3lx at h3lx dot com

really looking forward to this now

• Advertisement

Excellent!
    I'll put a song down and get over to you. It's pretty damn cool that our systems are compatible, makes it easy to push it a little and bounce off ideas.
    I'm excited about this!:D
    When we get it done we should put it up here for other sound boarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

i'd like to participate also...is it tool late?

nope, not at all

Cool give me a few days

nice one

• Advertisement

I have something for you. It'll serve as a good starting point and we can take it from there. I'll PM you details for sending you the files.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I cant sing sorry, but I could throw a **** load of ideas your way r.e. guitars, vst pianos stuff like that. Just simple melodic stuff. Have you guys used yousendit.com to send files? It's pretty good.

Haven't had the time to get this done yet. Hopefully next few days.

right...i'm gonna get a song out to ya this week chief ..."She"...the song was originally written (by myself) with rhy/lead guitar, bass, main vox and harmonies but as you requested i will be just sending the vox and rhy guitar....soon...when i get the kids asleeep :D

sweet

just pop it in the mail to h3lx at h3lx dot com

apologies my recording SW is giving me hassle!

no rush, ive got about a months backlog as it stands

Helix wrote:
    a singer songwriter, who has the ability to record themselves at decent standard,

well dunno about the standard...see what you can do with this Helix. Tune is called "New Perfume"

Guitar: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9yf7y
    Vox :http://www.sendspace.com/file/agiblg

Advertisement