Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the point?!!

• 19-11-2006 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

WWE Orders John Laurinaitis To Sign At Least Ten Bikini Models :rolleyes:

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

You should expect a heavy influx of brand new "WWE Divas" to join the promotion in 2007. World Wrestling Entertainment is currently on what is being called a "bikini model signing spree."

The WWE overlords have told Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis to sign between ten and fifteen bikini models. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if they have seen pro wrestling before in their lives. Basically, you should expect to see a whole lot more "Kelly Kelly's" than trained women wrestlers getting called up to WWE in the near future. Although, recent rating trends have indicated that the women segments haven't drawn as well as they have in the past. Then again, it doesn't seem to be of much concern for WWE as there would be some hot new young meat for the males to hit on backstage - seriously.

WWE currently has 23 female performers on the main roster. In addition to that, there's probably between 15 and 20 more girls down in the developmental leagues (though maybe half of them are under contract to WWE), and they're all vying for a shot to join the big leagues as well. It should be interesting to see if WWE will actually have 30+ women on the main roster by the end of 2007 (and perhaps between 50 and 60 girls affiliated with WWE if you include OVW and DSW), or if WWE will be forced to release some of the lower tier WWE Divas (and probably a good portion of the developmental girls) to make room for the next generation of WWE Divas as there's only so many people they can have on television - and perhaps under contract. At the very least, WWE's latest directive will surely put a lot of added pressure on all but the top female performers in the company for the time being.

Why don't they use the female WRESTLERS that they have, why waste money bringing in these women who have no interest/knowledge of the business!! I just find it totally pointless!!

I hate to think that female wrestler on developement contracts could lose out to these bikini models! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Thats a load of bullsh*t!!! The womens division is screwed up enough at the moment! If they wanna draw a mainstream audience, then they should make the womens division must-see tv (same goes for all the other divisions)! Vince needs a slap in the face and a kick up the arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if it's what the yanks want to see then vinnie mac will provide

it is things like this that is making the WWE a load of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

My theory is if you want to do a serious womans division they should do it.

If there not, they should have 2 at most 3 woman on each brand division. The more divas you have the less special they are the less of a chance any of them will get over.

Less is more when it comes to divas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i wouldnt mind more girls who can wrestle,like mickie james or victoria they hve some half decent matches,but do we really need more bra and panties matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bloody hell, not more of them. Only WWE could make me groan at the sight of bikini models.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Bloody hell, not more of them. Only WWE could make me groan at the sight of bikini models.

haha very well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

That said ... I quite enjoyed the body competition at the smackdown show in the point.

Advertisement