Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tea

• 19-11-2006 7:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I love tea. I want instant tea, just like instant coffee :mad: It's not fair, does such a thing as instant tea exist yet? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

aren't teabags instant tea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

I ment like granules, ie no need for the teabag.

oh, gotcha. Don't know. 'havent seen it if it does.

Would be handy, just put in the tea granules, sugar and milk, then pour in hot water, stir and your away :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There used to be instant tea iirc. It was vile. Of course, brewing a cup of tea takes so fecking long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

feylya wrote:
    There used to be instant tea iirc. It was vile. Of course, brewing a cup of tea takes so fecking long...
    Yes, such a thing did exist waaaay back in the 80's or something like that. It was, as you say, absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

BreadBoard wrote:
    Would be handy, just put in the tea granules, sugar and milk, then pour in hot water, stir and your away :)
    but how would that make it any quicker? the only difference is to take the teabag out of the cup and into the bin...a whole 2 seconds of time!! tea is pretty instant anyway isn't it...?!!

I don't know about exact times but when making coffee you can put the milk sugar & coffee all in and the same time, then pour in hot water and stir.

When your making tea, well when I'm making tea I put in the tea bag and sugar, pour in the hot water stir it around a few seconds and I also like to squeeze the tea bag into the side of the cup to make it stronger, then pour in the milk a stir it.

You can put the milk in before the water, but it's not the same the tea bag must be very hot to release the tea properly.

:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tea is made in a pot, then you pour from a pot into your cup with milk/sugar in. This is all.

"but, I only want a cup, not a pot!"

THIS IS ALL!

I'd like granulated tea basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - There are plenty of instant teas available on the net. Just google "instant tea". There's a lot of instant "flavoured" teas & I assume that you're looking for a regular-tasting instant tea.Here's a decent site that may have what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Kharn wrote:
    Tea is made in a pot, then you pour from a pot into your cup with milk/sugar in. This is all.

"but, I only want a cup, not a pot!"

THIS IS ALL!

Toff. You add the milk and sugar after.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Actually, the correct way is to add tea to the milk then add sugar.

feylya wrote:
    It can be done that way from a tea pot, but if you put in the milk with the teabag before the hot water it's not the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I would LOVE if you could get a powder that you just add hot water and it already had the 2 sugars and milk included... mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wow, some of the laziest people in the world are posting in this thread :D

When teabags first came to Ireland apparently my Gran used to tear open the bags to put the leaves into the pot! She kept giving out that the Government were trying to restrict the amount of tea people put into the pot by having so few in one bag and that 'rationing' had gone beyond a joke when this kind of thing was happening. It was weeks before my Mam or my Aunts and Uncles told her what she was doing wrong :D

feylya wrote:
    wasn't the reason for this that the hot tea wouldn't crack the cup?? hence having some milk in first means the good china won't be subjected to such high temperatures and put in danger of cracking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

feylya wrote:

what are you, george orwell???

Personally I think that tea should be drank black, otherwise it's not tea, it's milk and tea, imo at least. I do like the concept of food tasting of itself though, which might explain it.

mmm milk and tea - yum! teabag first, milk second, stir it around to get the teabag nice and soggy then add the hot water and bash the hell out of the teabag to release the flavours. That's the way I like it anyway. ;)

i have never ever ever heard of anybody putting the milk in on top of the teabag before any water......that is so weird!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

daiixi wrote:
    mmm milk and tea - yum! teabag first, milk second, stir it around to get the teabag nice and soggy then add the hot water and bash the hell out of the teabag to release the flavours. That's the way I like it anyway. ;)

I feel ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Whittards in London do instant teas, mostly flavoured but I think they might do some normal ones aswell.

Advertisement