Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a frikkin wii

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Balfa wrote:
    Oh, and I see Bomberman '93 is available on Wii shop channel and it's 5-player! Maybe I'll get some use out of the virtual console after all.

is that 5 player with 5 wii motes? can it detect 5 remotes at the same time?

can you have it thats its 2 gamecube controllers and 2 wiimotes?

Or does it have to be 5 classic controllers...

*my brain hurts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

This might ease the pain on your brain (or maybe not).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ thanks that explains it all finally

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

so we can have 5 player by plugging in 4 gamecube controllers and one classic controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

there will be a midnight launch on dawson st for definite.

as far as I know we were due to get more than what was needed for preorders but now theyve started taking more preorders for the second batches....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    is that 5 player with 5 wii motes? can it detect 5 remotes at the same time?

can you have it thats its 2 gamecube controllers and 2 wiimotes?

Or does it have to be 5 classic controllers...
    You can only connect up to four wiimotes at once. And because the classic controller actually connects to the wiimote (the same way the nunchuck does - the wiimote provides the wireless communication for both nunchuck and classic), you can only connect four classic controllers. Now I guess it's theoretically possible for one person to use a wiimote and another person to use the classic connected to it, but I doubt games will be designed that way.

You can mix and match classics/wiimotes with GC controllers for virtual console, though. So I could use, say, three GC controllers and two wiimotes (or two classics connected through wiimotes) for Bomberman '93.

Though I wonder will anyone attempt to make a 12-player game that uses all four GC controllers, wiimotes and classics at the same time :D

Now I just need to find 12 friends.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

We're taking more pre-orders in Game, Blanchardstown.

Apparently we're getting 100 consoles, this means I'm now guaranteed one for launch!! I'm so happy!!
    Gonna have a fantastic gaming Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Slurms wrote:
    We're taking more pre-orders in Game, Blanchardstown.

Apparently we're getting 100 consoles, this means I'm now guaranteed one for launch!! I'm so happy!!
    Gonna have a fantastic gaming Christmas!!
    Great, might try to pre-book one then!

So Balfa, how would you rate the console out of ten? Or is that a fair question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Balfa wrote:

Now I just need to find 12 friends.. :(

stop spending ur life on wii then go out and meet people or play sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

awhir wrote:
    play sports.
    Wii Sports :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Daddio wrote:

So Balfa, how would you rate the console out of ten? Or is that a fair question :)
    You mean where ten is a super nintendo? Well, considering this console has about three good games for it, but one of them's Zelda, I'll give it a two.

But then, it hasn't even been out a wiik yet. Ask me again in two or three
    years' time when the question actually makes sense :)
    Rhyme wrote:
    Wii sports
    Ha!

Ugh. Okay, the batteries on my wiimote finally died (lost connection to console) after exactly 28 hours and 38 minutes of play (the wii message board keeps track of how much you've played, breaking it down by game/channel) plus about 30 minutes at my inlaws' house.

The bad thing is that I slapped some freshly charged Duracell NiMH rechargables in there (it says in the manual that NiMHs are fine) and it still seems to have no juice. Put the Panasonic alkalines from the 2nd wiimote in there, and it all goes perfect... I'm going to look into the issue in more detail in a bit, but if I have trouble using rechargables, this thing's gonna end up costing me a fortune in batteries. It hasn't even been a whole week, yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Balfa wrote:
    this thing's gonna end up costing me a fortune in batteries. It hasn't even been a whole week, yet :(
    http://www.usbcell.com/

They're a bit pricey, but unless i can get my mitts on a decent recharger i may pick up 2 packs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can't wait for this, hoping to get it a day or two early, you never know, friends in low places may be kind!
    I'd say a lot of developers are working away from GC templated to produce launch software, as said already, give it a year or so to be dazzled by some cool looking stuff, perhaps even earlier given the launches of Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy next year.
    Still, a lot of flamers out there on various forums, not everyone who posts they brought one back may have meant it, seems unlikely that a Nintendo fan who took the time to preorder woud have abandoned the format so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Balfa wrote:
    You mean where ten is a super nintendo? Well, considering this console has about three good games for it, but one of them's Zelda, I'll give it a two.

But then, it hasn't even been out a wiik yet. Ask me again in two or three
    years' time when the question actually makes sense :)

Ha!

ok then what would u give the gc out of ten now then?

^^
    id give the gv 8/10
    powerful console that never fell behind in that area
    had some brilliant games but most were from nintendo
    lack of 3rd party support
    never got a online gaming service sorted out
    phantasy star online dosnt count (well it does but its not enough)

Daddio wrote:
    Filled our quota today, I got the last one!!

awhir wrote:
    ok then what would u give the gc out of ten now then?
    Ah, blast it. Now that you ask me, I don't know. I suppose I'd have to agree with 1huge1 on all points.

On another point, I finally got around to trying out that motorthingy game on the PS3 at walmart... It's a fun game but for all its sharpness of lines, it just doesn't look amazing... On top of that, the framerate is adequate at best, with two moments of stutter in my single three-lap game. And it's filled with freakin sprite-based grass and shrubs. The camera orbits around your buggy before the race begins, and the sprite grass sits there staring at you completely out of place.

I honestly think we've reached the first generation of consoles now that don't really push the boundaries graphically. From here on, artist talent is going to make a much bigger difference than processing speed. Motorstorm (ah, I remembered the name) looks worse than Pikmin and nowhere near Shadow of the Colossus. And if you were to show someone the back of the box screenshots of the latest NBA game, or whatever, they'd be hard-pressed to tell you which was PS3, XBOX360, PS2, XBOX, or whatever...

Maybe Nintendo got it right to not bother focusing on power. Then again, the more I look at the background textures (and it is just the background textures) in Zelda, the more they annoy me :(

Still a brilliant game, though! :D

Balfa wrote:
    I honestly think we've reached the first generation of consoles now that don't really push the boundaries graphically.
    Although now that I think about it, I ought not to be too harsh on early games. Compare the graphics in FFVII against those in FFIX (or Super Mario Bros against Mario 3) and you'd think they were running on two completely different platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Balfa wrote:
    I honestly think we've reached the first generation of consoles now that don't really push the boundaries graphically.

I'd almost agree with you. I don't really think realism in games should be pushed much further, but a better graphical style or flair should be concentrated on. I thought Killer 7 was by far the best looking game of its year, and that had an incredibly surreal but cool vis style.
    Slurms wrote:
    Filled our quota today, I got the last one!!
    I'll see ya on launch day my friend, my mate preordered one for me in Game yesterday. :)

• Advertisement

Daddio wrote:
    I'll see ya on launch day my friend, my mate preordered one for me in Game yesterday. :)
    Cool man, glad to hear ya won't be disappointed. I also pre-ordered Zelda, just to make sure.
    Man December 8th is gonna rock so much! Putting up the Christmas Tree and a Wii :D (That rhymed!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Anybody know of a shop in town where I can still pre-order one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

krazy_8s wrote:
    Anybody know of a shop in town where I can still pre-order one?

I was in Game on Dawson St on Friday and they're taking deposits on the second batch of them they get in, the dude who pre-ordered was 70th in the queue. Gamestop aren't taking them anymore so this could be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game in Limerick had a sign up on Saturday that said "Today is the last day you can preorder to guarantee pre-christmas delivery". It was a printout of an email sent to all Game stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Saturday was the last day that GAME were taking pre-orders for their 2nd batch, ie - for before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

LOL.... nice timing, Damo. :)

^^ ha what are the chances
    i preordered mine in game in limerick
    i guess you'll be there 1st thing on the 8th too TmB i got a day of school

1huge1 wrote:
    ^^ ha what are the chances
    i preordered mine in game in limerick
    i guess you'll be there 1st thing on the 8th too TmB i got a day of school
    Meh, I have college but I have my priorities straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Saturday was the last day that GAME were taking pre-orders for their 2nd batch, ie - for before christmas

Yeah, sadly I found that out today. Seems odd that the console would sell out completely on the first day through pre-orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Slurms wrote:
    Putting up the Christmas Tree and a Wii :D (That rhymed!!)

Man, whatever you do, dont have a wii under your xmas tree - It will rot the tree and smell funny!

*I'll get my coat

Advertisement