Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep low pressure(Sunday 3/12/06,next one to watch)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Not sure whether to start another new thread for this so i'll post it in here, there's another nasty low approaching from the south-west that will hit tonight, gale force winds and heavy rain are likely for a time around midnight.
    http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rtavn181.png
    http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rtavn184.png
    http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rtavn189.png

Met Eireann
    Tonight

Very windy tonight with strong to gale force south to southeast winds gusting 90 to 120 km/h. The heavy rain will quickly extend to remaining northern and eastern areas, to give some very wet weather for a time, with a risk of some local spot flooding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

were just beginning to get the first speckels of the rain here in Limerick.It looks to be just a rain event for us anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Windy as hell here, lot of rain too, no station, would estimate around 70k mark in gusts though (blew over a half full wheelie bin is as scientific as I can get, sorry).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

yes actually it is getting very gusty here in Lmerick city.The Patio chairs have vanished..i hope the neighbours return them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes wind picking up here in Dublin!:)
    MetO expecting wind gusts to 75mph later.

Highest winds will affect the eastern seaboard between 11pm and 3am
    with sustained 40/45mph winds likely... Expect a gust in Rosslare to tip close to 75mph later..

Along the east coast there will be widespread gusts to 55/60knots or 65/70mph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rain hammering against my windows right now, been an interesting day.

Was a cold crisp 0.3C this morning with a nice ground frost then sunny with showers this afternon and now getting stormy, almost a perfect day!! (perfect = snow instead of rain ;)).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Gone reasonably quiet now in Abbeyfeale, so about 2hrs of wind and rain. Mostly S SW, down to an average windy day now.

At least the permanet mast hasn't blown down again...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

We were out in a boat earlier today in Kerry doing some 'Rough weather handling' training...............scary yet exhilarating and er..........got soaked..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Gettin blowy out there now alright,wind gusting between 25mph to 29mph ocassionally.

Storm on now, very heavy rain and winds audible over the telly, kewl stuff :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Getting stormy now.

With the wind whistling through the house, gates banging and windows creaking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This whole week looks like a windy washout :(

Mike.

Interesting developments for later this week..

After tonights stormy conditions pass.. It looks likely that some true storm winds will affect the whole Island on Wednesday night. Its early stage but s deepeninh low whistles past the Northwest against a strenghening HP over europe. Latest proggs suggest a country wide storm.. with 50mph winds around coasts with gusts exceeding 80mph with gusts even inland reaching 70mph. One to watch.. and that storm throws lots of rain into the bad coupled with the wicked winds..

With luck i'll have the site up and running for that one.. once the domain resolves after months of problems!!!

The wind is Howling down here.
    Not very pleasant for my driving at all.

Frequently reaching and going above 40mph and thats with the anemometer practically on the ground.
    If that was on a 30ft pole,you might see 60mph by the noise out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

By god its windy here in 'Carla' town, and bucketing it down at the moment, not a pleasant night at all!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

It's windy, but nowhere near stormy yet.
    Max gust 39mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its stopped raining and the gales have died down from a strong gale to just a steady breeze. I'm in county Cork by the way.

Tristrame is driving whilst online! Thats got to be worth a few points.

Mike.

heh mike

powers dipped a few times here in the last half hour-wind howling like mad but not near the 50mph ground level record gust of a few weeks back.
    It is more constant than that storm though ie a sustained high average at ground level often well above 30mph.

I had visions of a laptop powered off the ciggy lighter in a 1987 Daihatsu Fourtrak!

Rain ceased here in the last 20 mins and the winds dropped to almost nothing.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,293 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wind is really howling out there now, and according to my vp2 its raining cats and dogs again:D. I can hear quite a few alarms going off now. The gusts aren't that strong here, it's just the conistent strong winds thats making it so windy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Max here at 35mph,high avg but not stormy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

It seems fierce windy again, but was calming down when I going to bed, has the wind come back for round 2? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Got quite windy with the last heavy shower about 30 mins ago.

Mean 33mph, gust 54mph

max gust was 46mph at 708am.
    power went off at 711am but was back by 745am.

index.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭revr

Yer weatherwemen Angie Phillips said we might get storm force winds on Thursday up north on the lunchtime weather forecast. Hold on to yer hats

Scary drive this morning into work. Was my first time driving in white rain - ie it was flooding all over the place and was so heavy it looked like a white wall in the headlights, scary stuff, took it very very easy driving in, mountain living is a whole new driving experience for sure.
    Going to be interesting once the proper cold frosty weather sets in.

Very stormy charts tonight, just one storm after another following up from the atlantic, and it doesn't look like we're going to break this pattern anytime soon. It's only a matter of time before one of these storms really starts to cause damage. Currently some very intense wind and rain progged for thursday and Sunday on GFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭revr

look at this baby for Ireland on Thursday - We may be blown away

windos6.png

Advertisement