Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana - Live! Tonight! Sold Out! re-released on DVD

• 19-11-2006 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I was pretty happy when i found this out, but yet not much media attention was brought towards it at all. it was released on the 14th (of november)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=62385

There is the only mention of it, at the bottom of another Nirvana article (which is that Krist will be playing on tour in Dublin with a Punk Band called Flipper), but i checked Hmv.co.uk, and it is true.

Great success!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That's cool.
    Is there anything more to it?
    Extras and what not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Worth it for the clip of them on the old Jonathan Ross show alone. I recorded it off the telly at time but it'll be nice to have a decent copy cos our C4 reception was pretty crap back then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I have this on VHS, I doubt it's worth buying for the small extras alone but if you don't have it already and are in any way a Nirvana fan it is absolutley essential purchaseing. So many startlingly good clips, Jonathan Ross was class, I love the screaming Come As You Are and obviously Top Of The Pops is a pretty legendary clip too, but there's loads others. A great little production.

The only extras is a few songs from a show in Amsterdam as far as I can gather by the way. If you already have it I doubt it's worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i have to buy this. First saw it when i was 15 years old, its blew me away, but i only ever had a lend of this. Ill have to get it and relive my long lost teenhood *sniffle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Slash/ED wrote:
    I love the screaming Come As You Are

Thats parts hilarious, nobodys getting into it at all. and another highlight is Kurt getting attacked on stage by the security during love buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Numina wrote:
    another highlight is Kurt getting attacked on stage by the security during love buzz.

Whats the story with that, did they think he was stage crasher?

Whats the story with that, did they think he was stage crasher?
    They were trying to stop him stagediving, and he whacked a securo in the head with his guitar and split his head open. Apparrently they did a legger, and the securos hopped in a van and chased them for miles :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I have this on VHS, and while I probably won't buy it again on dvd, it's a good buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

0ubliette wrote:
    Apparrently they did a legger, and the securos hopped in a van and chased them for miles :D

Hillarious, the heroin fuelled exploits of a Grunge Rock band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

0ubliette wrote:
    They were trying to stop him stagediving, and he whacked a securo in the head with his guitar and split his head open. Apparrently they did a legger, and the securos hopped in a van and chased them for miles :D

Cobain had also earlier smashed the soundbox up or something, and it belonged to a mate of the bouncer. I heard a fist was put through the window of their car as they sped out of the arena, but this was after they came back and finished the show :D

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    Cobain had also earlier smashed the soundbox up or something, and it belonged to a mate of the bouncer. I heard a fist was put through the window of their car as they sped out of the arena, but this was after they came back and finished the show :D
    Oh Cobain, you wacky grunge rocker! Bought it yesterday in HMV for inflated retail price, but its worth it..i still havent watched it, im picking my moment when i know i wont be disturbed so i can enjoy it in its entirety!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I'll probably buy this. Some bits are genuinely funny and Dave Grohl wasn't so annoying back then. I loved the way the played Territorial Pissings instead of Lithium on the JR show.

Advertisement