Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pacman Too Powerful For El Terrible

• 19-11-2006 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

PACMAN TOO POWERFUL FOR EL TERRIBLE
    Manny Pacquiao pushed Erik Morales closer to retirement with a third-round knockout of the Mexican in Las Vegas.
    The much-anticipated third meeting between the two super-featherweights proved to be brief as the Filipino won the decider.
    Cheered on by a massive crowd in the Thomas & Mack Arena and with millions watching back in his homeland, Pacquiao produced a clinical display to force a quick finish.
    From the opening bell the two boxers went toe-to-toe as neither man looked to take a backward step.
    It was the 'Pacman' who landed the more telling shots, rocking back his opponent's head with some big punches.
    The opening three minutes seemed to take its toll on Morales, who was on the canvas in the second round.
    A counter left hand forced the 30-year-old to sink to his haunches, although he rallied quickly and ended the round with a late flurry.
    However, the respite was brief for Morales as Pacquiao sensed the chance to end it.
    A barrage of blows had 'El Terrible' down for a second time and though he rose again, a third knockdown saw him fail to beat referee Vic Drakulich's count.
    "I was faster than him, I was bigger than him," said the victorious Pacquiao.
    "In the second round, I could see he was surprised by my right hook, so I kept throwing it. I felt so much stronger and faster than him."
    Defeat - his fourth in his last five fights - will raise questions over Morales' future in the ring.
    It was his second loss to Pacquiao after he was stopped in the 10th round in January. He had won the first bout between the pair on points back in March 2005.
    "He was too fast, too strong," admitted Morales.
    "For the first time in my career, I felt the power of my opponent. Maybe it's getting to be that time."

Advertisement