Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB Provider in Sligo?

Options
  • 19-11-2006 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭

Possibly moving to a new apartment in the next week or two.. and i'm pretty sure it doesn't have a phone line.

So any opinions on wireless BB providers which are available in the North West / Sligo?

Trying to stay away from IBB since i've heard nothing but horror stories.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Fastcom are the best wireless provider in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers thegills.. just looking them up now!

EDIT: Not bad.. no cap and decent download / upload, though a €149 installation charge. Probably won't let me do it myself! :(
    Installation €149
    Monthly Charge €33 (€39.93 Inc VAT)
    Download 2Mbps
    Upload 2Mbps
    Average Contention 24 : 1

All prices are inclusive of VAT. Contract of 12 month applies. Prices subject to change. Typical installation takes from 1 - 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

They install an external antena on the house, facing towards to Cairns Hill. If you look at houses around Sligo you will see the beige boxes on the outside of houses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, probably won't happen so seeing as it's an apartment in town... probably would have problem with an external antenna hanging out of the window! :D

Am looking into Eircom Hotspot's now.. but any more advice would be appreciated!

Thanks again lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

If the developer hasn't provided you with a phone line then he shouldn't have an issue with wireless connectivity.
    thegills

• Advertisement
Advertisement