Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whcih is best

• 19-11-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭

These two are from elara, and i can get discount so i think they are both good deals.

Option 1

ASUS A6TC AP027H - 1076 euro

2.8 kg
    AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology TL-52 ( Dual-Core )
    L2 Cache
    1 gb ddr2 sdram (max 2gb)
    100 GB - 5400 rpm hard drive
    DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM
    15.4" TFT active matrix 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 TurboCache supporting 256MB - 128 MB
    2 year warranty

Option 2

Acer Aspire 5103WLMi - 1029 euro

2.8kg
    AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology TL-52 ( Dual-Core )
    1 MB - L2 Cache
    1 GB (installed) / 4 GB (max) - DDR II SDRAM
    120 GB - 5400 rpm
    DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM - integrated
    15.4" TFT active matrix 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) - 24-bit (16.7 million colours)
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
    1 year warranty

Questions :
    Which is the better graphics card, the ati or the geforce?
    Is the turion 64 x2 as good as the core duo?
    are either of these particularly heavy?

I'll be using it mainly for watching videos, music, the odd game (probably not new ones though), some office work, but would like it to last a couple of years at least.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 s.valo

Regarding the graphics cards the ge force is well better,the Ati is an onboard one,comes standered with all Amd computers these days,stil decent enough,it'll get you by,if your not running the latest games on it.

Personally id go with the turion but i cant tell the difference between these two,there both equally as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

s.valo wrote:
    Regarding the graphics cards the ge force is well better,the Ati is an onboard one,comes standered with all Amd computers these days,stil decent enough,it'll get you by,if your not running the latest games on it.

Personally id go with the turion but i cant tell the difference between these two,there both equally as good.

If you don't plan playing new games as you said, then the 7300 and X1100 are are good as the other for 2004 downwards titles. Both low end solutions but while the 7300 is technically better it won't show you much improvement in game.

Not a huge difference between Turion X2 and CD. Wouldn't let it sway me if I thought I'd found a good bargin. I would go for the first one simply because it has a better warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 s.valo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.valo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HavoK
    If you don't plan playing new games as you said, then the 7300 and X1100 are are good as the other for 2004 downwards titles. Both low end solutions but while the 7300 is technically better it won't show you much improvement in game.

Not a huge difference between Turion X2 and CD. Wouldn't let it sway me if I thought I'd found a good bargin. I would go for the first one simply because it has a better warranty.

OPPSS,My bad bout the graphics card i miss read it,i thought it was the GeForce 7800 !!!:D

Advertisement