Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help me??

Options
  • 19-11-2006 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

This is a bit of a long shot but anyway....

Im trying to buy a birthday present for my friend and i decided i would buy him the german film "Absolute Giganten (Gigantic)", which im sure most german people are aware of. The only problem is, ive searched the internet for ages and could only find one place that has it for sale, which is amazon.de. I know i can buy it from there but im not sure if the one their selling has english subtitles or not and if it doesnt its pretty useless.

http://www.amazon.de/Absolute-Giganten-Frank-Giering/dp/B00005B96H/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt/303-9951538-6573041

Can someone take a look at the page and tell if it does or not?? Or does anyone know of anywhere else i can buy it??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucille

hey there...
    the film just comes with german subtitles (as far as i could figure it out from other websites)- don't know where the sense is in that. sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭crowbar188

Oh well, i guess thats that idea out the window then.

Thanks for your help lucille. I really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucille

and would another german film do as well or was it about this particular film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭crowbar188

Yeh, it was that particular film. Anyway, Im sure ill think of something else to get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Von Manstein

I watch a lot of German movies myself to improve my German. Ones which spring to mind are Der Untergang (The Downfall), Napla - Elite für den Führer and my favorite and a lot of other peoples also is 'Die Fetten Jahre sind Vorbei' ('The Educators').

Try and get them from the net - much cheaper than buying them in Ireland.

The Educators though is definitely worth a look.

Gavin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I watch a lot of German movies myself to improve my German. Ones which spring to mind are Der Untergang (The Downfall), Napla - Elite für den Führer and my favorite and a lot of other peoples also is 'Die Fetten Jahre sind Vorbei' ('The Educators').

Try and get them from the net - much cheaper than buying them in Ireland.

The Educators though is definitely worth a look.

Gavin

I would recommend 'Heimat' very interesting drama spanning 3 generations with interesting regional insights into WK I + WK II.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

http://www.goethe.de/ins/us/los/pro/media/vidindex.htm
    So it seems there is a version with english subtitles out there. Only in crappy NTSC, though.:(
    @Lucille
    the film just comes with german subtitles
    For the Deaf and hard of hearing people who want to enjoy that film just aswell as you.
    don't know where the sense is in that. sorry about that.
    Apology accepted.:rolleyes: ;)

Advertisement