Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Now thats what I call service

Options
  • 19-11-2006 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

The key got stuck in the ignition this afternoon so i called the AA, They gave the usual its busy and we aim to have a patrol with you within 70mins and will text you to let you know etc. anyway the patrol arrived after 5 mins i kid you not 5 mins. is this a record? or is this typical of the AA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

cujimmy wrote:
    The key got stuck in the ignition this afternoon so i called the AA, They gave the usual its busy and we aim to have a patrol with you within 70mins and will text you to let you know etc. anyway the patrol arrived after 5 mins i kid you not 5 mins. is this a record? or is this typical of the AA
    thats very good service.where were you when it got stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

drdre wrote:
    thats very good service.where were you when it got stuck.

in the forecourt of a petrol station about 8 miles west of glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

cujimmy wrote:
    is this a record? or is this typical of the AA
    It's not typical. You were probably lucky in-that a patrol was nearby.

Meh. In the ROI outside Dublin the AA sub-contract out to local towers.

I recently got my car insurance with Tesco for about 3/4 of what most Irish insurers were charging, plus I got free RAC membership thrown in, I would have had to pay the AA €100+ for the same yearly service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

cujimmy wrote:
    in the forecourt of a petrol station about 8 miles west of glasgow

In my old job the fleet was looked after by the AA and we were told that the AA couldn't come near our cars on a garage forecourt. If ever we were broken down on a forecourt we would have had to push the car onto the road

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thats seems excellent service.

DublinWriter, through Tesco, how did you apply? Can you do it online?

• Advertisement

yop wrote:
    DublinWriter, through Tesco, how did you apply? Can you do it online?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

off-topic: looked at tesco myself, they're underwritten by hibernian afaik, so their prices are basically the same as hiberniandirect.ie, but they give an extra €50 if you signup for, or already have, a tesco clubcard. (i think you get it back through vouchers or some such though)

kdouglas wrote:
    off-topic: looked at tesco myself, they're underwritten by hibernian afaik, so their prices are basically the same as hiberniandirect.ie
    Not really. The price I got from Tesco was quite a bit less than the price I got from Hibernian, which means that Hibernian are selling wholesale/reinsurance to Tesco and Tesco are taking a small cut in order to establish a presence in the Irish motor-insurance marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Onkle51 wrote:
    In my old job the fleet was looked after by the AA and we were told that the AA couldn't come near our cars on a garage forecourt. If ever we were broken down on a forecourt we would have had to push the car onto the road
    I don't know about forecourts but they helped me out when I broke down on private property. Thay also have the contract for breakdowns within Dublin Airport car parks (charge for non-members).

Advertisement