Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealers on carzone.

Options
  • 19-11-2006 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at a few honda legends on carzone. There are 5 ads. 3 from Clonskeagh motors and 2 from a garage (s?) in lusk. For 2 of their cars clonskeagh use the same (stock?) photo. The thing is the cars are different years.You'd think , when trying to get you to part with the guts of €20k they'd put in some effort.

The 2 in lusk seem to be the same car but with 2 different garage names. The photos are the same as well as the details, but one seems to have been copied and pasted from the other carzone ad as the pics are all blocky. They could at least have used the originals. I'm going to assume this laziness/lack of giving a crap runs through most other cars. Personally I'd find it off putting that they dont bother advertising properly and would probably move on.

Surely a bit of effort isnt too much to ask.I mean i will be in the mrket to replace my safrane sooner or later and things like this are going to steer my decision.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=10&xMakeID=10&ModelID=368&xModelID=368&Year=&xYear=&submit=Find+cars+%3E%3E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look very closely at the two blue Legends in Clonsheagh.......

legendsjg4.jpg

looks like they put in more than enough effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fair enough, my bad. when the pics were small i tried to make out the regs and thought they were the same. But the guy in lusk trying to be 2 different garages? Theres a chance its 2 different garages and 2 different cars but the use of the same photos looks bad.

That silver Legend is a japanese import, and isn't likely to be registered yet.

(that said, it's advertised as being NCT'd)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There have been ads of the same cars for these two companies in Lusk on carzone for at least a year ...usually at different prices though.

the plot thickens.....

• Advertisement

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=538123

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=538124

Both have the same accent on their lists. One listed as hyundai accent gold and the othe a glsi.

Full stock lists.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&businessID=1295

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&businessID=1207

I'm sure all is perfectly fine but wonder why have two different garages listed with the same cars?

I should go to bed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stekelly wrote:
    But the guy in lusk trying to be 2 different garages? Theres a chance its 2 different garages and 2 different cars but the use of the same photos looks bad.

It's the same car. Not uncommon for several dealers to try and sell one jap import car
    colm_mcm wrote:
    That silver Legend is a japanese import, and isn't likely to be registered yet.

(that said, it's advertised as being NCT'd)

It's probably not yet VRT'd and thus not NCT'd, but the dealer will take care of that when a sale is agreed. Nothing untoward really provided you can prove they are not clocked
    Stekelly wrote:
    i will be in the mrket to replace my safrane sooner or later

May I ask why? You seemed to be happy with the 2.5 Safrane auto. Or is there some SSIA money burning a hole in your pocket :D

Mind the Legend is a lovely car. The asking price of the two '99 Legends is way too high though imho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I have visited that yard in Lusk. They are all the same cars AFAIK. I asked to see a certain car and they asked me who it was advertised by.

Thought it was a bit dodge all right. Yard has cool motors in it all the same.

Watch out for the big green shed on the right as you drive in. I have driven up two days in a row and seen the same car in there. Appears to be where they do cosmetics. I'm working on the assumption that they don't buy anything with major damage.

unkel wrote:
    May I ask why? You seemed to be happy with the 2.5 Safrane auto. Or is there some SSIA money burning a hole in your pocket

I'm more than happy, in fact iIl love the car. In fact its off the road at the min because I'm a poor apprentice and cant afford to run a 2.5. (I didnt want to wreck it with tools either). But if in the middle term when I start earning decent money and can find somethign as confortable and I like but up in years, I might use the safrane for work if I can confine the dirt to the boot. Otherwise, I'm going to get a small van for work and keep the safrane for weekends.

If I do decide to keep it, I'm going to put a few quid into it, fixing any scuffs and the like. My uncle is a panel beater with his own business so I might go so far as to get it resprayed, I've seen a couple in black and think it looks well.The only problem is that being family, you get out on the long finger so I'd probably be as well to get on the list now.:)

As for an ssia, no chance. I was stuck for cash and cashed it in inside the first year.:) Stupider like a fox.

Advertisement