Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux 3 Brompton 0

• 19-11-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Started off slowly vs 9 men and agaisnt the wind, some of our passes were awful (actually all them were mine :() we let them dictate the game tried to hoof it into the wind.

Again that damn wind forces to concede 10 yards and play backs to the wall from the start, i think thats whats causing our slow starts, collectivley we up against it then in 2nd half proceed to take our chances.

and in 2nd half we did Neil scoring a cracking header, colm umm scoring and a Jules screamer left the result in no doubt. They were a decent team and tbh if they had 11 i think the score would have been the same, our back 5 is getting better (i was better in 2nd half but 1st i was terrible) and Mark and Cathal were immense dealing with players who liked the all at their feet compared to big lads like last week.
    Brompton are a decent side with decent players but they were trying to "5 a side it" and our team work in working for each other and actually just calling each by name has so far served us very well.

Overall 3 points and another clean sheet.

Bernie
    Me Cathal Mark Micheal
    Neil
    Enda Simon Colm
    Jules Joe

Subs
    Mikie
    Darren
    Shay fort simon
    Darragh

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Well done again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

on a roll there,nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Get in! Well done lads.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Well done lads keep it going. Are you playing Foot.ie midweek. That would be another good confidence booster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Good result but a poor performance, hopefully we'll be back to last weeks form for our next game.

Hopefully the weather will be better too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well the league seems to have it's team profile nicely in order, particularly that little bit on the M.V.P. (Value).....

http://astro.ie/TeamSummary.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionID=1257&DivisionDetailsID=1&TeamSummaryID=3153&SortOrder=CurrentValue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Match Report in the Wiki.

Some of you were asking about the fact that Brompton only had nine players, an wondering if it meant we should have gotten a goal advantage in the match.

So, in true Ollie Byrne style, I have been reading the rules, and we are entitled to nothing. We are being ridden rock solid by the league on this.
    7. All games will start at the appointed time, regardless of how many players from each team are on the pitch. If one team delays the start of a match they will have one goal automatically awarded against them for every five minutes the start of the game is delayed. This rule will be implemented at the referee's discretion and is not subject to appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

des - have there been many other games going on and theyre just not updating the website? any word on that team who didnt show last week?

I spoke to the ref on Sunday Jules.

He told me he had just reffed a 4-3 at the 18.30 - 19.30 (Boca Plate were playing this one, I'm too busy at the minute to look up their opponents) slot before our game, and the 17.30 game had been called off due to the same team (Athletico Southside) not turning up again.

Last week Brompton Played Templeroan and beat them 4-1.

He also told me that another team had been sourced to take the place of Athletico Southside.

About the League Table - it's up to the teams to update that oursleves, which I do either on the evening after the match if I don't go to the pub, or Monday morning. We also have to enter the scorers of the goals, which is why only our players seem to be appearing in the charts, no bad thing I think, because the end of season awards are handed out on the basis of that I think. You or Andy or Enda :p might be in line for a Golden Boot?

Unfortunately, some of the teams are not doing this. The first week, when I stayed behind to check out the other teams, one of the blokes from Templeroan asked me 'is there a website where you can see the fixtures' :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

seansouth wrote:
    So, in true Ollie Byrne style, I have been reading the rules, and we are entitled to nothing. We are being ridden rock solid by the league on this.

Despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:

Unfortunately, some of the teams are not doing this. The first week, when I stayed behind to check out the other teams, one of the blokes from Templeroan asked me 'is there a website where you can see the fixtures' :eek:

Indian lad asked me if there was offside with 5 minutes to go, i told him yeah :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

fair play des, good to be clued in on whats goin on elsewhere

See lads, see, huh, see what Jules says, see.

I know I'm a decent manager.

Advertisement