Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hinge in HP Pavilion has finally given way..

• 19-11-2006 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but thought it belonged here more than 'Computers & Technology' since it relates more specifically to hardware.

The hinge has gone in my HP Pavilion.. it's been showing signs of it over the last month or two. With it falling backwards / forwards unless it's in a central position. But now it won't stay upright.

Looked at the back and cracks have appeared on both the hinges on the left and right..

image130vv7.jpg
    image131yq7.jpg
    (sorry about poor quality of pictures but taken on camera phone)

How would i go about fixing this? Would i specifically need any new parts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

This would be more appropriate in the laptop forum so I'll move it to there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. thought that soon after posted. Cheers 8T8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

how old is your laptop?
    Not that I can help, I'm just interested for selfish reasons because I've got a HP laptop and I hope it'll last for years

It's 2 years old this Christmas.. but that's the only problem with it.

It's been fine up til this instance.

Opened it up further (wasn't an easy task).. and it seems metal encompassing the hinge has worn away badly on the right but not as bad on the left.

So, should i just try and solder the connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

basquille wrote:
    Opened it up further (wasn't an easy task).. and it seems metal encompassing the hinge has worn away badly on the right but not as bad on the left.

So, should i just try and solder the connection?

Superglue might be better.

Superglue might be better.
    Would superglue not prevent the hinge from moving entirely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Araldite may be better , bit more "body" to it,post a pic of the hinge now its dismantled a bit more

Am taking it into work with me today (as boss has a better idea of this kinda stuff than i do) so if the problem still exists when i get back this evening, i'll post up a shot of the hinge.

Advertisement