Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyclick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Ebay donating money to shooting organisations ?????? Ebay is one of the most anti gun organisations around.It prohibits the sale of firearms,parts,firearm kits ,reloading equipment etc ,etc.Even empty ammo cases.Somthing funny here.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sandy22 wrote:
    Is there anything similar in Ireland?
    I think our situation here with charitable status versus charities kindof precludes it :(
    I particularly like the idea of E-Bay making a donation to the shooting sports.
    That would be a somewhat pleasant thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Ebay anitgun they're hardly that bad i mean you can understand them not allowing guns or ammo to be sold.

As for the donating money its very small amounts and would take an awful lot of clicking if you that interested in money for shooting organisations your time would be better spend working overtime and giving that even if you did 2 hours a week and gave that depends how committed you are i guess

Full firearms understandable enough.{thats why Egun was set up:D ]
    But parts,reloading components,empty shells for heavens sake?Then they allow tons of airsoft stuff.Kind of two faced??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I havent read they're policy on it but ive seen plenty of reloading things, spent cases, inert cases and things like magazines

• Advertisement

Yea,and the policy seems to change every other day.There was a post here awhile ago about some fellow trying to sell a few empty 303 shells in AZ and the farce he had to go thru to sell them on ebay.Yes one moment it iseems ok,then next day you are banned from Ebay selling "unsuitable" products.
    Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 karen762

Sandy22 wrote:
    Check this out.

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/content/content.asp?site=NRA&id=351

Is there a catch?

Is there anything similar in Ireland?

If no & no, consider supporting it(?)

I particularly like the idea of E-Bay making a donation to the shooting sports.

Hiya

No catch whatsoever - its a brilliant idea! I'm the one who is administering and publicising it for the NRA-GB so know a bit about it.

Search engines make shedloads of money - this one is giving 50% back to charity so if you're a charity you just sign up and get people to pick you as their chosen charity. Then every time your supporters search the web, shop online via the Shopping links or bid on Ebay your charity gets money.

Personally I would love to see a shooting organisation at the top of the highest charity earners list wouldnt you?!:D

Please join up and support us if you can!

Best wishes

Karen Robertson
    NRA-GB Journal Editor
    Match Sec Irish Rifle Club

Advertisement