Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Hols

Options
  • 20-11-2006 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

So, when do we break up for Christmas and go into exam mode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

December 1st is the last day of term.

As far as I know, we don't go back until the 22nd or something crazy like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

What?! Holy moses. That's a mighty holiday. Isn't there a study week before the last day of term?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

think about that. Why would the study week be before the end of term. "Teaching Term" is the period in which there are lectures.

Term ends 1st dec an exams run from 11th - 21st

Next term starts Mon 22nd and runs untill the 9th March.
    There are two terms next semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

think about that. Why would the study week be before the end of term. "Teaching Term" is the period in which there are lectures.

It's too late to think.

That's a really heap big holiday. Why the hell is it so long? Do you think that'll take away from our summer holidays at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Exams will start in May, as they always do, and finish in June, as they always do. Latest exams last year were the 10th of June. Freshers are usually finished mid-May. Don't fret about it, we only get 24 weeks of tuition all year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I remember last year thinking we had huge holidays, so I guess next year people will be wondering the same too... They're pretty nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I was just about to say its only 1 month. Only :rolleyes:

Yeah they're great, were even better when there were no xmas exams, and tbh I think its really unfair first yrs have xmas exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I was just about to say its only 1 month. Only :rolleyes:

Yeah they're great, were even better when there were no xmas exams, and tbh I think its really unfair first yrs have xmas exam.

The Xmas exams were grand for me last year and I thought it was good so we don't have like everything this year in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Eh should you not be in exam mode already? GET WITH IT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Erm, erm...

EXAMS??!!? OHNOZ!

• Advertisement

Hey, Is this week, week 11 or 12 of the semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Week 11.

Thank god the lecturers kept saying this week was the last week.I guess they're just finishing earlier so we can study.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Next term starts Mon 22nd and runs untill the 9th March.
    There are two terms next semester.

We dont start back properly till the 9th march :)
    Yippeee......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

As far as I know, an extra week of Xmas holidays was added this year. It will mean everything after will be pushed back a week, meaning exams will be later and so summer hols will be later too.

Advertisement