Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba Satellite 1410 Laptop (Advice on upgrading?)

• 20-11-2006 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey all, so basically i got this laptop for about four years now and i think its time for an upgrade, im thinking bout upgrading the machine or just buy one of those dells with a dual core AMD chip in em? so here it is:

Toshiba at the moment - Intel Celeron 1.5 ghz 128 ram 20 gig harddive
    Updating Toshiba - 512 ram from crucial and 100 gig HD internal/external totals around roughly €180- 200

Dell AMD yok roughly round 600-700 512 ram dual core 60 or 80 gig HD

I forgot to say that i will be using cubase and reason audio editing software but only use a max of 6-8 tracks and midi,

Q's
    so would you say if i went for the upgrade that the celeron chip with the 512 ram would be sufficent to run that amount of audio tracks with out lag/freezing? And which would you guys go for, and why?

Advertisement