Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom League PFAI Awards

• 20-11-2006 3:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Premier Division Team Of The Season:

David Forde (Derry City)

Owen Heary (Shelbourne)
    Alan Bennett (Cork City)
    Darren Kelly (Derry City)
    Danny Murphy (Cork City)

Joe Gamble (Cork City)
    Ciaran Martyn (Derry City)
    Joseph N'Do (Shelbourne)
    Ollie Cahill (Shelbourne)

Jason Byrne (Shelbourne)
    Gary Beckett (Derry City)

First Division Team Of The Season:

Barry Murphy (Shamrock Rovers)
    John Flanagan (Dundalk)
    David Breen (Cobh Ramblers)
    Aidan Price (Shamrock Rovers)
    Jonathan Minnock (Finn Harps)
    Raffael Cretaro (Galway United)
    Ciaran Foley (Galway United)
    Sean Finn (Dundalk)
    Philip Hughes (Dundalk)
    Conor Gethins (Galway United)
    Derek O'Brien (Galway United)

Premier Division Player of the Season

Gary Beckett (Derry City)
    Ollie Cahill (Shelbourne)
    Joe Gamble (Cork City)
    Jason Gavin (Drogheda United)
    Ciaran Martyn (Derry City)
    Joseph N'Do (Shelbourne)

First Division Player of the Season

Philip Hughes (Dundalk)
    Barry Murphy (Shamrock Rovers)
    Aidan Price (Shamrock Rovers)

Young Player of the Season

Kevin Deery (Derry City)
    Paul Keegan (Drogheda United)
    Roy O'Donovan (Cork City)

Referee

Alan Kelly
    Ian Stokes
    Paul Tuite

Apart from David Forde, I can't really argue with the team of the season, although I thought Hawkins was good enough for a place at centre back and Ndo was a bit of a surprise as his form dipped massively towards the end of the year. Ollie certainly deserved his place and Jayo did well to make the team despite missing a huge chunk of the season. Darren Kelly certainly deserved his place, as did Gamble. Don't follow the First Division closely enough to comment, but I'd imagine Gethins, Cretaro and Hughes were certainties.

Player of the season? Ollie Cahill, by a fair bit.

Young player? Very close between Deery and O'Donovan.

Referee? All of 'em, sure they all love Shels anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Don't think Gamble should have got into the team of the season ahead of Barry Molloy.

TBH Gamble has been a big disappointment this season after last years excellent displays.

Far too many suspensions.

Agree Ollie Cahill is Player if the Season for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Kevin Deery must have been knocking on the door for team of the season as well. How many long-range efforts can one person score in a season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Breaks my heart to think that i missed one of the best seasons in recent times for my team (dundalk fc) . I'm delighted too see the way we finished the season and going into the playoff with waterford we are looking good. Hopefully we will be in the premier next season where we belong.

COME ON THE TOWN

Also big word for philly hughes who broke the goalscoring record for dundalk this season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What, no Bray players?! :D

I think Ollie Cahill deserves player of the season. He has been better than everyone else all season and a vital part of Shelbournes league winning side.

Roy O' Donovan deserves the young player award for me. He has improved so much from last season and he had such a great finish scoring 8 in hs last 9 games or something very similiar. I just hope that he stays in the Eircom LEague next season because the league needs to keep its best yung players to help it progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thought Ger Rowe deserved a place in the First Division team of the year. There's no question that Aidan Price is player of the year, he's been absolutely outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Thought Ger Rowe deserved a place in the First Division team of the year. There's no question that Aidan Price is player of the year, he's been absolutely outstanding.
    Actually Pighead has one question regarding your Aidan Price nomination. What about Philip Hughes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hughes had a good season and is a very good player - I'd be surprised to see him at Dundalk next season if they don't go up. However Price was the player (and captain) of a defence that conceeded just 13 goals in the entire season. The man was a rock and I honestly don't think there was anyone else even close to him in the Division.

Hughes had a good season and is a very good player - I'd be surprised to see him at Dundalk next season if they don't go up. However Price was the player (and captain) of a defence that conceeded just 13 goals in the entire season. The man was a rock and I honestly don't think there was anyone else even close to him in the Division.

Pighead would be surprised if he stayed too. Particularly since hes said he's leaving if they don't go up.

Hughes scored 20 goals in the division. Almost more than twice his nearest rival. He single handedly revived Dundalks season and got them to within a gee hair of winning the league.

Nobody likes an "I told you so" but Pigheads not here to be liked so "I told you so, I told you so na na na na na" (TM :I Keano)

Well done Philly, hopefully the Premier League Player of The Year shall be next on your agenda.(as a Dundalk player obviously!)

http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=15593&PHPSESSID=55e49e299d9eb267c90c6b2850079655

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Can't believe Ndo won it over Cahill. Deery deserved his, as did Hughes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement