Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluent Design (www.fluent.ie)

Options
  • 20-11-2006 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

New Temporary Site up.... Full flash site in development!!

http://www.fluent.ie

Looking for some feedback..... if anyone is interested in their opinion....

Many Thanks
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Vey nice site, the only problem i have is the opening of links in new browser windows. I'm not a fan of that at all. If the user wants the page in open in a new window all they have to do is right click and do their thing. It's taking away from functionality from the user.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I like it and dislike it at the same time

The design is very clean and crisp

The scrolling is rather annoying and also means that the initial site load takes a lot longer than it should do.

Why isn't the text "Website Design" linked to the actual websites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

I think the design of the site's nice. However, I also think if you're going to be selling web services in this day and age then you really need to take web standards into consideration. Separate content and presentation by using valid XHTML and CSS. Also consider accessibility and semantic markup. It won't take you forever to learn and the benefits not just for your clients but also yourself (and your credibility) are numerous.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

* some of the red/grey pics appear smudgy on my laptop.
    * it is a bit narrow (but maybe Im just looking for something wrong with it) - maybe its the background colour!

Laslo wrote:
    I think the design of the site's nice. However, I also think if you're going to be selling web services in this day and age then you really need to take web standards into consideration. Separate content and presentation by using valid XHTML and CSS. Also consider accessibility and semantic markup. It won't take you forever to learn and the benefits not just for your clients but also yourself (and your credibility) are numerous.
    I dunno - not adhering to the W3C standards seems to work for many Irish design companys!
    Also if they become compliant then they won't be eligible for a golden spider! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

kbannon wrote:
    I dunno - not adhering to the W3C standards seems to work for many Irish design companys!
    ROFL

At least it is compliant to a standard unlike so many other ones out there
    kbannon wrote:
    Also if they become compliant then they won't be eligible for a golden spider! :D
    Ah now :)

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I really like it. I like how I can instantly access typical info I would be looking for, i.e. portfolio, contact etc. The layout of your work is very clear.

Being really picky here, but the "too" in "Jump too it" is a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Being really picky here, but the "too" in "Jump too it" is a mistake?
    Pointing out typos is not being really picky, it's bad that you have to!
    The website is being built on a full flash platform, incorporating many items such 3D animation, video production, special effect and engaging content. This will be a showcase of the talents that make Fluent one of Irelands Leading design firms.
    Typos: "special effect" to "special effects; "Irelands" to "Ireland's". Should "flash" be "Flash"?
    Fluent have been asked to design the online presence for Pad Rentals, one of Irelands up and coming property management companies.
    Based in Navan, the breif is for a clean, visually appealing design with the main focus on promoting the current properties availabe.
    Typos: "Irelands" to "Ireland's"; "breif" to "brief"; "availabe" to "available"
    Fluent has moved to more convenient office located just off the M50 at Ballymount (The Westway Centre) click here to find out where to find us now.
    Aren't 'click here' type links bad from an accessibility point of view? I think linking "just off the M50 at Ballymount" is better. A map would be cool too. You could include a satellite image for those visiting by helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fluent

Thanks for pointing out the typos /grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

kbannon wrote:

You raise a fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Very Nice site. My main problem would be that the hompage is very long and may take a while to load for one of your potential clients, if i was dial-up and it was slow, it wouold turn me off.

I'm sure you're not worried about a golden webby :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement