Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy so far?

• 20-11-2006 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Are you happy with your teams season so far?

As a United fan can say I am more than happy with the way the season has gone thus far. I think I hoped rather than expected we could live with Chelsea but we are playing with a new found confidence and once we can keep midfield and strikers fit until January we have a relaistic chance of challenging come next May. Our first 11(along possibly defensive cover is as good as anyone) and Fergie has decided to try and outscore teams again. Next Sunday is a big "no-lose" game, not overly bother about winning.

Best Player Thus Far: Scholes
    Surprise Packet : Evra
    Dissaointment: Ronaldo(still been a threat just can play better)
    Prediction: 1st(2nd if we suffer a few injuries at same time)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Well my teams season like many here has finished! and i was happy enough with it despite it going sour at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

very happy so far, man utd are doing better than expected and look serious title contenders plus stockport county are pushing for a promotion place:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

A point and a clean-sheet at the mighty Riverside? I'm delirious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

On the back of yet another good home performance today I'm happy. Corradi got his first goals, Barton was sensational again, and we have the best celebration of the season so far!

If we can sort out the away form even a little bit I'll be happy. Looks like mid table obscurity again but it beats the relegation battles of previous years.

Delighted to have Nicky Weaver finally back fit. He was a fantastic keeper before the three years out injured and has been playing really well since his return. Every fan is delighted for him and Isaksson will find it tough to get in.

Best Players - Joey Barton, Micah Richards, Richard Dunne.
    Must Do Better - All the strikers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

As a Hammers fan, no :(
    Didn't expect us to hit the heights of last year but expected us to be in the top half at least.
    Ashton's injury and the problem how to integrate of Tevez and Mascherano into the team hasn't helped of course.

Best player: Hmm...Bowyer or Gabbidon has probably been least worst :rolleyes:
    Must do better: Reo-Coker, Harewood

Del

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not overly excited by Arsenal this season. they are playing well, just cant score it seems. 3rd place seems likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Southampton fan, not really delighted but optimistic.

Started well, only lost 1 in our first 10, but since then our form has been too unpredictable. As well as that there have been a number of times we have deserved more than we got away from home (Ipswich, Sunderland and more). Hopefully we can keep Bale and make the playoffs at the least, Saturdays win shows what we can do when we play well. Consistency is all we really need because the players are there.

Best Player - Grezgorz Rasiak, Gareth Bale
    Must Do Better - George Burley, get some sort of consistency in the line-up and performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Happy enough (as a Chelsea fan) - keeping pace with a United side who are playing very well, while not playing anything near our full potential. Taking 4 out of six against Barcelona was very enjoyable.I think that the new players are now adjusting well to the premiership, and Drogba and Essien are having great seasons.

Bad points - Chec getting injured and poor resluts at Boro and Spurs (though it was bound to happen at some time!).

All in all happy (and would settle for a point on Sunday!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

As a Villa fan I have to be happy, I mean compared to last season we are miles better, but as yesterday showed our squad is very small and a few injuries or suspensions leave us quite weak. Hopefully now that we have some money we can buy real quality and Martin O'Neill can re-establish Villa to be a regular top 6 side.

Best Player Thus Far: Barry
    Surprise Packet : Gabby (I knew he was good but not this good)
    Dissapointment: Davis (not playing to the standard he set last season)
    Prediction: 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Celtic Fan. Delighted of Course.
    Tomorrow night is the BIG ONE though.
    Best Player: Kenny Miller
    Suprise Packet: Hmm. Wilson or Boruc?
    Dissapointment: Majec. Not as prolific as I thought he was.
    Prediction: 1st in the scots premier. Maybe the Scottish cup. European Cup: Semis if we get past Utd tomorow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

United fan, very suprised as to how consistent we have been, for a team who some predicted would not finish in top 6 I think we are going to finish in top four this season ;)

Top of the table, scoring charts and defensive charts is not a bad complaint heading into Dec. Sunday is a must win, give great impedous and possible sow doubt in Chelsea minds.
    Injuries are our biggest worry, one to any of the big players and we have no backup.

Best Player : Saha / Vidic
    Surprise Packet : Evra
    Dissaointment: Carrick, not done anything special but I suppose if he is consistent then that is the best thing.

Prediction: Daft to say 1st so early in the season as we are due a dip but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

6 points clear at the top of the league :D

yes as a Forest Fan I am most happy so far

How can ye guys judge your teams when presumably most of you only see highlights of your team playing weekly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Happy!!!??? :eek:

No and not cos we're not winning - its cos we're dysfuntional.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No.:mad:

That sall I'm willing to say, and I hope to god we're not in the same position come the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

As a Wham fan I've obviously been disappointed with the season so far but I don't we're really in any danger of being demoted this season. I remain hopeful that the Argies will make their presence felt in the Premiership.

Best player: Zamora, Mullins
    Suprise Packet: Green
    Best reserves player: Mascherano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Gillie wrote:
    Celtic Fan. Delighted of Course.
    Tomorrow night is the BIG ONE though.
    Best Player: Kenny Miller
    Suprise Packet: Hmm. Wilson or Boruc?
    Dissapointment: Majec. Not as prolific as I thought he was.
    Prediction: 1st in the scots premier. Maybe the Scottish cup. European Cup: Semis if we get past Utd tomorow.
    Naka has surely been the best player? Miller's 4th in this table:
    http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37769

I assume your suprise package is since Strachan took over as Wilson and Boruc aren't any better than last season. Miller or Naylor are my suprise package. No chance of semi's btw. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How can ye guys judge your teams when presumably most of you only see highlights of your team playing weekly?

I'd say nearly all the United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool fans see their team play a full 90 minutes nearly every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ravelleman wrote:
    As a Wham fan I've obviously been disappointed

This is a football forum, and wham broke up a long time ago. I suppose George Michael hasn't been doing that good lately :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'm a Spurs fan (and for the record have seen the full 90 of all but 2 of our league games this season, all the European games, and none of the League Cup games if my memory is correct).

Happy enough so far. When we've played well we've looked the best we've looked in a long time but unfrotunately there's been no away form whatsoever in the league. We look very bad on our travels so not happy about that. I think that things can come together though and I'm definitely optimistic.

Best Player: Chimbonda and King have been excellent, Robbie seems to have refound form the last two weeks but wasn't great until then.
    Surprise: I wasn't expecting Chimbonda to be nearly as good as he's turned out to be. Jenas is also doing well most of the games.
    Disappointment: Zokora and Berbatov have looked outstanding some games but not at the races others. Not disappointments but need consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Third Bottom in the Championship, Im Delighted :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

As a Newcastle fan i am not very happy at all!
    Roeder has made alot of mistakes in terms of transfers and tactis this season and it has cost us, though i am confident we will get out of this mess and push on up the table.

Best Player : Scott Parker, he gives us so much! 110% every match.
    Suprise : I didnt expect the loss of given to have such an affect on the team, harper is a good keeper but given actually settles the back 4 and breeds confidence.

Dissapointment: Roeder not giving Luque a chance.

Expectations : I believe we will get a mid table finish and that we will a cup this season, i have a feeling it will be the uefa cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Very happy in Europe but not in the league. Blackburn's squad is too small and injuries have stretched it. Hopefully though a good UEFA Cup run (Blackburn qualifying from their group now is almost a cert) will lead to some revenue and a chance to rebuild the team for next season.

At the moment, I'd be happy to finish anywhere around tenth along with a nice Cup run in the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup.

PHB wrote:
    I'd say nearly all the United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool fans see their team play a full 90 minutes nearly every week.
    yeah, I'd like to go to more but I go to about 2 games a season. I've still only missed about 1 or 2 matches in the last couple of years and that includes friendlies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

As a very upset but still slightly optimistic Newcastle fan I agree with pretty much everything Limerick Dude said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

As a Stoke fan , all is going better than expected so happy days

Best Player: Danny Higginbottam / Salif Diao
    Suprise Packet: Darell Russell
    Dissapointment: Vincent Péricard
    Prediction : Really depends on what we do in january, if we can keep hold of Diao , get john eustace back playing again , then we might be able to sneak into the playoff - heres hoping - but otherwise 9TH

Stoke City Season ticket Holder

PHB wrote:
    Presumably by "see their team" you mean on television

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

gustavo wrote:

You can watch nearly every game of your prefered team every week if you know where to look on the web. Some pubs in Dublin city also have about 5-6 games on at 3pm and you go watch what team you prefer to see !

I do, I don't have the money to go to Manchester every week. The only way I can really get over involves a car and a ferry which I can only afford once in a while, and takes just too much time out of my life currently. Once I'm rich, I'll buy a season ticket. Until then, it's the odd trip I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    Naka has surely been the best player? Miller's 4th in this table:
    http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37769

I assume your suprise package is since Strachan took over as Wilson and Boruc aren't any better than last season. Miller or Naylor are my suprise package. No chance of semi's btw. ;)

Sorry chief thought it was supposed to be my opinion?;)
    This season Miller is their best player imo.
    Boruc and Wilson suprised me coz they are just as good if not better as last season!
    Miller is not a surprise for me - always knew he had it in him:D
    As for the semi's - I can dream can't I?:cool:

gustavo wrote:
    Presumably by "see their team" you mean on television

Does it really matter?:confused:

Gillie wrote:
    Sorry chief thought it was supposed to be my opinion?;)
    This season Miller is their best player imo.
    Boruc and Wilson suprised me coz they are just as good if not better as last season!
    I just find it a weird opinion. :) Boruc and Wilson were rated very highly after last season. Boruc had a great world cup. He hasn't been spectacular this season. Wilson has played 7 of Celtic's 21 games this season because of injury. Very strange choices. :)

Kingp35 wrote:
    Third Bottom in the Championship, Im Delighted :mad:

been there two seasons ago, and it horrible having to put up with all the away fans sticking it in.

Have to say though it made for an ace end of the season match (home match against gillingham), when after putting up with gills fans signing 'bye bye will never see you again' etc for what seemed like most of the match we scored to send them down as well and the whole ground roared as we all sung 'your going down with the Forest' .. sad, but it was nice to give a little back after reciving so much during the season ;)

Still, theres plenty of time for Leeds to turn it arround

Top of the league, how couldn't I be happy.
    I'd be happier if Chelsea were dropping more points in the close games that they possibly deserved to lose, but that's Chelsea for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Villa fan here, can't have many complaints...

Martin, Martin, give us a wave! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    I just find it a weird opinion. :) Boruc and Wilson were rated very highly after last season. Boruc had a great world cup. He hasn't been spectacular this season. Wilson has played 7 of Celtic's 21 games this season because of injury. Very strange choices. :)

What can I say! I'm a strange guy!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

PHB wrote:
    I'd be happier if Chelsea were dropping more points in the close games that they possibly deserved to lose, but that's Chelsea for ya.

One could say the same for some of Uniteds games also.....

Isnt that the sign of true champions, winning games that perhaps they shouldn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ciaran76 wrote:
    You can watch nearly every game of your prefered team every week if you know where to look on the web. Some pubs in Dublin city also have about 5-6 games on at 3pm and you go watch what team you prefer to see !

Only if your preferred team happens to play in the top flight.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm a Leeds fan so I don't think there's really any need for me to answer the question :(

• Advertisement

Gillie wrote:
    Does it really matter?:confused:
    Just find it intruiging that people think they can truly judge their team from watching them on television be it from live games or highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea I mean... you only have the bonus of replays, different angles, player cams and post-match analysis to aid you in your judgement when you watch on TV.

Whereas we all know you can only truly judge your teams performance based on who wins the post-match, Bebo-organised riot. Which sadly gets no TV coverage.

PiE wrote:
    Yea I mean... you only have the bonus of replays, different angles, player cams and post-match analysis to aid you in your judgement when you watch on TV.

well who needs personal opinions then when you can just let andy gray decide for you :)
    PiE wrote:

Whereas we all know you can only truly judge your teams performance based on who wins the post-match, Bebo-organised riot. Which sadly gets no TV coverage.
    :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

gustavo wrote:
    well who needs personal opinions then when you can just let andy gray decide for you :)
    Where did he say that his opinion is just a copy of Andy Gray's?

You are talking complete non-sense. You get a fantastic idea of how a team is performing from watching them on the TV. Don't get me wrong there are some things that you will never see from just TV pictures, but if you base your opinions on solely what you see at a live game, you'd miss way more.

Also, of course it also gives you a better picture when you see the likes of Gray or whoevere analyse a game. They may raise points that you might not have thought of.

It's not letting someone decide your opinions, it's opening your eyes to learning about football, and not having some arrogant, high-horsed myopic view about it, such as you can only really judge your team by seeing them live.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PHB wrote:
    I do, I don't have the money to go to Manchester every week. The only way I can really get over involves a car and a ferry which I can only afford once in a while, and takes just too much time out of my life currently. Once I'm rich, I'll buy a season ticket. Until then, it's the odd trip I'm afraid.

It only costs €25 return to fly to Manchester, including all taxes if you book about a month in advance. I fly to Manchester when im going to Leeds games.

Kingp35 wrote:
    It only costs €25 return to fly to Manchester, including all taxes if you book about a month in advance. I fly to Manchester when im going to Leeds games.
    Pity you didnt pick one of the Manchester teams when you were picking an English team then it would have saved you a drive!

gustavo wrote:
    Pity you didnt pick one of the Manchester teams when you were picking an English team then it would have saved you a drive!

And what is that supposed to mean Gustavo? I presume your an Eircom League fan and are having a dig at me because I follow and English team. Im not gonna waste my time on you but do me a favour and get down off your high horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6 points clear at the top of the league :D

yes as a Forest Fan I am most happy so far

Ditto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Guys, if you lot want to turn this thread into another Eircom Vs.Premiership bitch fest, then fine, go ahead.

I will point out that those involved will be banned and I'll be locking threads where this happens in future.

psi wrote:
    Guys, if you lot want to turn this thread into another Eircom Vs.Premiership bitch fest, then fine, go ahead.

I will point out that those involved will be banned and I'll be locking threads where this happens in future.

What annoys me is this guy doesnt have a clue who I am and he ha a dig at me for supporting an English side. If he had been posting on this board for longer he would know that I am a Bray Wanderers season ticket holder and have been for the past 4 seasons and will be again next season. People like him just annoy the hell out of me! :mad:

Thats the last I have to say on it because I have had run ins with people like hi on this board before and it went no where.

• Advertisement
Advertisement