Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea 2 Summit Duathlon

Options
  • 20-11-2006 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have just heard about a duathlon called the sea 2 summit. I'm really interested in doing it as an individual. It will be my first one and its for charity. The only thing because it's my first I'm not sure if I would be able to do the whole challenge, I may be better off entering with a team and only doing in disipline. I'm in training but the challenge is a 40km cycle and two 10km runs in Carlingford, their website is http://www.c4c.ie/sea2summit/sea2.htm. What do people think, I am fit but have never done something this long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You have plenty of time to train for it. Raising the 650 euro as for the individual sponsorship requirement might be the hardest part.
    There is no obligation for you to totally race the thing, you can slow down if you feel wrecked.
    With some prior preparation this event will be open most able bodied people. Competitive teams will be able to battle out for the top places while others will take part to enjoy the whole experience with some friends and take in the fantastic scenery. Sample training programmes are available to help build up your fitness level.
    So you should be fine. Do some cross country running to get used to the uneven surfaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rogers

I have registered for this event I've done a few of their events before and they are all excellent. Dont worry they have training weekends for those that are less experienced. As the post above said you don't have to run the whole thing if you feel you can't.
    I am entering as a competive individual and I have talked to the organisers and the course is tough but there is nothing stopping you from entering a few races before hand. You will have a great time at this event and sure I'll see you at the training weekend in the new year.

Advertisement