Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Sat-nav

Options
  • 20-11-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

A friend of mine is after buying a 03 Audi Outback, it has sat-nav but seems to have maps of the uk loaded.
    Is it possible to load irish road maps onto it?
    Is there any irish VAG owers group that could help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

Anyone?
    I cant even seem to find any good Audi owners forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Is it one of the Sat Navs made by Garmin? Check the manufacturer's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

First, it's probably an allroad. Only Subaru make the outbacks.

You can check navteq or teleatlas directly and see if they have maps to suit your car. Or call your Audi dealer. I think teleatlas supply Audi though with maps.

Doh!!!
    Yea, it is the allroad.
    It is a factory fitted gps system, I will try find out if it is a navteq or teleatlas and see if I can find new maps, Im sure he would prefer not to go down the Audi route for obvious price reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Slightly off topic, what model and what price was the Allroad? I think they are one of the nicest cars on the road!
    Would love a 2.5TDi 6 speed Allroad:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

As of Feb 2006 Navteq are the only outfit that have good satnav maps of Ireland.

If the maps are supplied by them, there's some hope. But, most vehicle manufacturers are quite a bit behind in terms of what is generally available, so if Audi use Naveteq maps, it'll prob be 2007 before the good Navteq maps are available for Audi systems.

Slightly off topic, what model and what price was the Allroad? I think they are one of the nicest cars on the road!
    Would love a 2.5TDi 6 speed Allroad:D

Thats the one he bought, it is a nice car.
    I was hoping to update it with out asking him too much about it, I'll probably just give an audi garage a bell and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

JHMEG wrote:
    As of Feb 2006 Navteq are the only outfit that have good satnav maps of Ireland.

If the maps are supplied by them, there's some hope. But, most vehicle manufacturers are quite a bit behind in terms of what is generally available, so if Audi use Naveteq maps, it'll prob be 2007 before the good Navteq maps are available for Audi systems.

Audi use Teleatlas as far as i know.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

posts encouraging P2P are not allowed on boards in case the posters are wondering why they were deleted!

Advertisement