Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

editing movies for transfere to mobiles

• 20-11-2006 12:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hi there, im looking for a programme to edit quick time movies. i want to import them into windows movie maker to edit them down, but cant seem to do so...

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

This should probably be in the Windows forum as it's about Windows Movie Maker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,373 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

"super" i think should be able to convert a quicktime file to an avi type file if you have all the right codecs installed
    http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    Irriverter is another program that might convert a quicktime file to something more compatible mpeg4

http://www.virtualdub.org/ should be able to edit avi file, maybe save a file as an uncompressed avi

Maybe the above will give you a file you can load into windows movie maker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

If by editing you mean resize and cuttin down the bitrate you can bypass it by downloading a program especially designed to convert movies to the phone your using it

eg if you have a nokia smartphone download smartmovie and it will do the job with a click of a button and has lots of options as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

ImToo converts most video formats to 3GP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

xilisoft 3gp converter should do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

xilisoft gets my vote aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

ok,, if i wanna extract the sound from a video file to mp3? how do i do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Package wrote:
    ok,, if i wanna extract the sound from a video file to mp3? how do i do that?
    You can get Goldwave and it will record whatever sound is currently playing. So hit record on Goldwave and play the video.

Advertisement