Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error when making xbmc default dashboard

Options
  • 20-11-2006 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, did a softmod the other night using Krayzie's Ndure Installer 1.1 . I choose Unleash as the dashboard off the installer and everything went fine. I've been looking up articles on how to now make xbmc my default dash, so far I can run it as an application no problem but have run into a problem when I try to make it the default. The steps I took were to rename the unleash dashboard under E:\dashboards and copy over the default.xbe listed at http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=As_a_Dashboard . Also added a .cfg file of the same same pointing to the XBMC folder under E:\Apps.

When I reboot though I get the following error:
    XBMC Fatal Error:
    Q:\UserData\guisettings.xml, Line 0
    Failed to open file

then starts my ftp server which at least gives me the option of resetting the default.xbe back to unleash.

Anyone any ideas or suggestions on what could be wrong here?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

figured it out, well not so much figured out as went for another build of xbmc and used the shortcut xbe provided in the _tools folder. seems to be working fine now

Advertisement