Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTN Launch

Options
  • 20-11-2006 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭

I just heard on FM104 that CTN has launched and is available to view on www.ucd.ie 24 hours a day.

After a quick search I couldn't find anything. Nor could I find CTN's own website.

Does anyone know where it can be viewed (online) or is it even available yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

Go to www.ucd.ie/campustv

Can't find much on the site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I was under the impression that they were launching today at 4.30pm. Is it just more of a release celebration than an actual launch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just looking at that website why didnt they just rename it D4 telvision network

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

panda100 wrote:
    Just looking at that website why didnt they just rename it D4 telvision network

What are you basing that on? :confused:

Me being a mucksavage from Westmeath to put some context on it!!!

What are you basing that on? :confused:

Me being a mucksavage from Westmeath to put some context on it!!!

fashion show documentarys,c+e events,'sport' which shows a jackass stunt and rugby..no sign of the round ball or ag soc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

for once i agree with Panda. The entire thing smacks of a beautiful peoples club for B&L / C&E buddies to waste money and massage their egos. Sickening IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I suppose we should give them a chance but looking at the programs made me gag a little. Though in ucd who do you expect to be first in the queue to prance about in front of a camera:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

It all looks a tad... eh... rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

It seems a tad rustic alright but i reckon it was always gonna be poor to start off with. I reckon it's a great resource that could grow and be a great tool. Could be useful for the union too, any sort of media that can increase student awareness has to be a good thing.

Give it time i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

It wasn't ram sperm? Consider me not suprised yet still disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ah grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

None of it really seems to be working for me. Looks like another Holly.

Blush_01 wrote:
    None of it really seems to be working for me. Looks like another Holly.

Is that going down in the books ? "Looks like you pulled a Holly"

No seriously havnt heard much more about CTN other than the socialite magazine they published. It just seems to me and from what I have heard is still a club

Also I do like Holly Irvine . Shes lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I never said she wasn't. She seems like a nice person, and she's certainly very friendly.

CTN isn't doing anything I'm interested in, by the looks of what's on their website - which I would assume is an authority of sorts on what's going to be going on. Perhaps I'm wrong in assuming that, maybe the information is so top secret that the public aren't supposed to know until after it has happened. That's what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I couldnt be happier this magazine was launched, considering they published 4 of my articles! I couldnt believe it was dead chuffed, real happy to see a college station up on the air, its a great credit for Media in Ireland actually!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CTN

Did anyone actually attend the launch party of CTN in Astra Hall yesterday? CTN provided hot food for several hundred people for free, as well as 200 bottles of free wine and 500 cans of free beer, a really good DJ and a band 'No Standing'. No-one at that launch party had to fork out even one cent for several hours of free booze, food and music.

Furthermore, CTN showed all of its programmes on a loop at that launch...even some of ye actually attended instead of spending time here slagging CTN off, you would have noticed it is not a ''D4 TV Station''. CTN screened 'Ent This' our music programme which had interviews with Corona, Berkely and The Immediate as well as footage of them gigging. CTN Screened two Irish programmes; ''Cupla Focal'' an interview with Mary Hanafin-Minister for Education, and the Miss Gaeltact Pageant including an interview with former Rose of Tralee Aobhinn Ni Shullabain. CTN also screened hilarious interviews with Dirk Benedict of the A-Team and Joe and Keith from Spin Fm. I would ask how these programmes are 'D4' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

pm sent

CTN wrote:
    I would ask how these programmes are 'D4' ?

i dont think its the programming but the people involved... dont know them personally but im just going by what the word on the street is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

Oh how PROUD. The Country Folk from Back to the Bog dominated the B&L page in the CTN magazine....look at us there, doing our bit to break down stereotypes in UCDD.
    Apologies to those caught in my pictures, incriminating to say the least....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

CTN wrote:
    Did anyone actually attend the launch party of CTN in Astra Hall yesterday? CTN provided hot food for several hundred people for free, as well as 200 bottles of free wine and 500 cans of free beer, a really good DJ and a band 'No Standing'. No-one at that launch party had to fork out even one cent for several hours of free booze, food and music.

Who paid for all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Grimes wrote:
    i dont think its the programming but the people involved... dont know them personally but im just going by what the word on the street is.
    How intelligent....

CTN wrote:

CTN screened 'Ent This' our music programme which had interviews with Corona, Berkely and The Immediate as well as footage of them gigging. CTN Screened two Irish programmes; ''Cupla Focal'' an interview with Mary Hanafin-Minister for Education, and the Miss Gaeltact Pageant including an interview with former Rose of Tralee Aobhinn Ni Shullabain. CTN also screened hilarious interviews with Dirk Benedict of the A-Team and Joe and Keith from Spin Fm. I would ask how these programmes are 'D4' ?

I wasnt trying to slag CTN off.Its just that from the website it really only seems to appeal to a certain type of person. Im sure many men and women will be intrested in watching the pageant and the fashion show. Just dont expect many independent feminist women to bump up your rating list :)
    Have you started airing yet?Will they be able to put a more conclusive listing up onto the website?

cast_iron wrote:
    How intelligent....

sorry im also going by the bash style magazine they published. i assume u were being sarcastic however due to the fact that i am super intelligent i was able to detect it which hence proves that i am indeed super intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

its actually really really awful!!

tintinr35 wrote:
    its actually really really awful!!

Really really?What programmes have you watched?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CTN

I don't know if tintin35 is referring to the magazine or programmes, but to be honest it doesn't really matter which. I have no need or reason to defend CTN as all the members within CTN are really happy. We have an x-box in our office which members play games on in between lectures and we are getting a PS2 in a few weeks. We even have a coffee-maker in the office! We have food and drinks receptions for the CTN members, and the whole of UCD in fact, all which are totally free. Next week we're having a major brainstorming session for all CTN members with a free food and drinks reception. Everyone in CTN gets to try their hand at everything be it writing, modelling or taking photos for our magazine, filming, producing, editing or presenting programmes or even organising events and drinking sessions. We even give bands exposure not only by showing them gigging and interviews, but using their music in the background of programmes. Everyone is having fun, and everyone is happy. I get asked by various CTN members why I defend the station on this site, when all that really matters is the members and not people who have absolutely no involvement in the station. Thus I will not be defending CTN any longer...as quite simply...there is no need!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You think the CAMPUS Television Network is only answerable to its members? Wow, I can see the CTN being a huge hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

where does the funding come from, advertising?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I have to say the magazine was abysmal. The writing was hardly easy to read, and at times quite tedious. It certainly didn't amuse me in the slightest.

That said, I'm not sure to what extent anyone should expect a TV station to come out with cutting-edge journalism. However, I would expect them to at least be able to hold a pen.

My advice to CTN would be to stick to what they know, and just do the television. If they have to bring out magazines, delegate the journalism to people who know how. I'll even do some writing for it if it saves you from having to produce something that godawful again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

And I can be the bitchy fashion guru...

Well it looks like the SU president is sporting his fetching camo pants again. No doubt those extra large side pockets came in handy when stuffing the ballots. Well Mr. President, 1992 called, they want their pants back.

Advertisement