Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the Coca-Cola Christmas ad's on...

• 20-11-2006 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

...do you think that November 20th is too early for this sort of stuff to start showing up?

Is November 20th too early for classic Christmas TV ads? 28 votes

Yyyyyyyyyyyeah. Wait til a fortnight before Christmas.
    0%
    Meh. Bit early but c'est la vie. Not bothered.
    17%
    UnknownMossy Monkholly_johnsonGrumPysingingstranger 5 votes
    Nooooooooooooo! Coca-Cola ads ftw!!!!1111!!oneone
    35%
    UnknownKolodnyWacker[Deleted User]BrendyggjamiehSlippin JimmyJelloHo-HumDoomspell 10 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    46%
    UnknownimpFaithdellyRbTar.AldarionDreamer 7Nickibaby*Feral Mutant:|kevmytakolachallengemaster 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Given that stuff has been showing up since October 20th (including "do you think its too early" threads), I would have to say no. Its actually later than I would have expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not soon enough, should have started in early September! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Given that neither Polar Bears nor illuminated articulated lorries have anything to do with Christmas whatsoever ...any time is the wrong time for these ads.

And wtf are "holidays" and "seasons greetings" ?...its Christmas.

Of course that's all different in Coca-Cola-Land.

and while am ranting here ...Saint Niklas (Nikolaus) has his day on the 6th of December ...not on the 25th.

So next time you see "Santa" sliding down the chimney on Christmas, tell him that he is bloody late :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Atari Jaguar
    Haven't seen the new Coke ad yet, but I hear it doesn't have the usual trucks and all which is a disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Given that stuff has been showing up since October 20th (including "do you think its too early" threads), I would have to say no. Its actually later than I would have expected.

Ha! Was actually thinking that.

The 'Do you think X is too early' threads are coming too early this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Atari Jaguar
    Haven't seen it yet but of course it's not too early. I'm waiting for the Budweiser ad with the horses. ya know the one da dum da dum da dum da da dum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

delly wrote:
    Haven't seen the new Coke ad yet, but I hear it doesn't have the usual trucks and all which is a disappointment.
    yea it kind of has a montage of various Coca-Cola Christmas ads throughout the decades i think ...not sure if there were trucks but i definately saw at least one train!!

<3 Christmas

x:)x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

They don't even have the irritating "Holidays are coming, holidays are coming" jingle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Oirthir

They don't even have the irritating "Holidays are coming, holidays are coming" jingle...

WTF??????? a you some kind of frickin weirdo or somethin. That jingle is the essence of christmas..........if i could i'd hunt you down like the grinch you are!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Atari Jaguar
    racso1975 wrote:
    WTF??????? a you some kind of frickin weirdo or somethin. That jingle is the essence of christmas..........if i could i'd hunt you down like the grinch you are!!!!!!!!
    Well said, that tune rocks with all the trucks coming by and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Always Coca-Cola (Holidays are comin', holidays are comin') :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

It's a bit early, but I don't really mind them tbh. I tend to flick inbetween breaks and shows so I never really watch ads.

You have to love the "Holidays are comin', holidays are comin' " though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Atari Jaguar
    peasant wrote:
    And wtf are "holidays" and "seasons greetings" ?...its Christmas.

Because Christianity isn't the only religion in the world in November and December. I'm sure Muslims and Jews don't appreciate being wished a "Merry Christmas", seeing as how they don't believe in it and all.

I love the Coca-Cola ads! Woo polar bears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I HATE the new coca cola ad! No polar bears. No trucks. What's the point?...Christmas aint what it used to be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Atari Jaguar
    Christmas is a pagan celebration. Christians took it over and celebrate it too, I think.

Anyway, I love these ads. I love the new penguin one, and make the sounds along to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I truly hate the stuff but the BUD ad with the horse's throwin snowballs and then daddy horse kicks the tree ah feck it look for yourself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6U-C1TQuDk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

...saw the coca-cola ad again yesterday - i think i saw a truck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I would have considered it way to early a few years ago but as all the Christmas advertising starts before even Halloween is over, it doesn't seem that out of place. A lot of the Christmas ads really irritate me in general (nothing to do with them being on too early in the year), but I have to admit the Coca-Cola one makes me come over all festive :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Faith wrote:
    I'm sure Muslims and Jews don't appreciate being wished a "Merry Christmas", seeing as how they don't believe in it and all.
    Religious leaders from Muslim communities in the likes of the UK have repeatedly said they're not offended by the Christmas celebrations and the like. It's only well-intentioned but overly-PC types who think they are and insist on re-labellng things. The countries are predominantly Christian and celebrate Christmas so it's fine!

This however is not fine:
    Oirthir wrote:
    WTF?! :mad: That's just not on! It's something I've always had at Christmas and associate with it. What next then? Pennys won't have a lot for Christmas and they won't have a lot for the family? :mad:

Advertisement