Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clearwire and easynews?

Options
  • 20-11-2006 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Does anybody who has clearwire use easynews web interface to download from news groups?

i do and cannot seem to get speeds over 10KB per sec. Its a joke it so slow, even though irishisptest usually tells me i should have full speed. When browsing on pages other than easynews im fine and even vodafone.ie loads instantly.

Anyone know if clearwire have gotten smart and are limiting download speeds from easynews.com? Is that even possible?

I suppose ill have to start using the nntp port instead even though i really like the web interface offered by easynews. Im not sure if that will be any faster though.

Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

Just got clearwire yesterday (because there's literally no other choice, unless I want to wait another six months for more of Net 1's fairy tales). I tried a few test downloads from Easynews and everything worked fine, got close to the max speed for the connection.

However today the best Im getting is about 10k/sec, at first I thought it was the service itself. But I've tried other downloads and theyre still as fast (more or less) as they should be, so it would appear that Clearwire are indeed limiting traffic from Easynews. Just wondering if you had any luck with nntp or have you tried contacting clearwire themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

What is easynews?

Anyway having not found it via google unless it is easynews.de then I suspect that if it is only this page and someone else can verify that it happens with someone else other than Clearwire then it is probably easynews problem and not Clearwire's. It would be odd for them to throttle speeds to that one website.

Maybe easynews are just having problems and check back in a day or two.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Easynews is for downloading warez, films, tv shows, etc.

Unless they're complaining that downloading the latest posts from alt.soc.politics are too slow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Easynews are a newsgroup provider so it' pretty much what CuLT is talking about. Although 10 K/s would still suck even if you were jsut reading the text groups...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

i use to use clearwire.

cancel them cause they where crap at the service althought easynews worked fine for me.

there where loads of times where the box would just keep blinking for no reason and sometimes go down for a week.

worse service availble because there support is terrible.

my advice is dont get if you did cancel it as soon as possible and get something else even brezze with irishbroadbnad isnt as bad.

but if you are unlucky enough not to be able to get any other isp.

i fell your pain and hope for you that there will be a solution to your needs availble to you soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

• Advertisement
Advertisement