Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting windows in timberframe - how???!!!

Options
  • 20-11-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Please can anyone tell me how you put windows in the timberframe house before the blocks go up ???? From one clueless individual

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Please can anyone tell me how you put windows in the timberframe house before the blocks go up ???? From one clueless individual
    boarduser01 - they are strapped onto the outside of the timber frame with metal strapping. The window company will do that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭boarduser01

Yop - thanks for the reply, the guy who we ordered the windows from, and thought knew how to do it has never dealt with timberframes round here!!!! Do you know where I might get some information to give him? Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Yop - thanks for the reply, the guy who we ordered the windows from, and thought knew how to do it has never dealt with timberframes round here!!!! Do you know where I might get some information to give him? Thanks

Your TF company should have something for you I would expect.
    I have a pic of ours attached.
    From what you can see the window have the batten screwed onto them, then the battens are screwed onto the TF.

But ask you TF company, they should help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭boarduser01

Thanks again yop - I had already been avidly reading your blog and had printed the pictures off to show the window guy (our tf company have not been particularly helpful!), and just realised that you are the same person as the blog-person!!!! We are building in County Galway, not far from you at all!
    Thanks for the help in your blog, we have been finding it very useful so far - thank you! Now please let us know if you know of any GOOD plumbers in the area.......!!!!!!

Cheers!

no bother at all, pm me your email and I can give you names.

• Advertisement
Advertisement