Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoilers Ahoy! Re: Dumbledore

• 20-11-2006 2:55pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

He's dead. Definately dead. JK has said it herself.
    (Question about upcoming deaths): You shouldn't expect Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf. I need to be more explicit: Dumbledore is definitely dead. I know there's an entire site out there called DumbledoreIsNotDead.com, and I'm sorry they're not going to like this answer.

Well, that's that.

There's some more here: http://www.hpana.com/news.19531.html

Damn :(. There goes my hope!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Although it's sad, I think its for the best.

Unless she's luring us into a false sense of security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

Unfortunately I don't think she'd lie about this. She has also said that Sirius is also definitely dead.

What do you think about the theories that DD's portrait may play a role in the next book - since the headmasters portraits are on the wall in the headmaster's office and previous headmasters are bound to help the current head?

Or I wonder if DD has left a will with more info on the horcruxes for Harry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Any ideas as to where Dumbledore's other portrait will be hung? like the way what's-his-face Sirius's grandfather's one was in the House Of Black

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Who's to say that he gets another portrait?

He probably will though. He could have thousands, really! There'll probably be one in the Ministry. Do you think wizards and witches can control it? I mean, could Harry hang pictures of Dumbledore and Sirius up all around the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hydomel

Sirius is not dead, in my opinion. And i do think that JK is luring us into a false sense of security. i wish she'd get on with releasing the 7th book. I'm getting impatient. as to the Horcrux hunt, i reckon Dumbledore will be guiding harry in a very gay, but ultimately affectionate way. Does anyone think that Sirius still lives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I reckon Sirius is def dead! Dumbledore might come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

There's no way either of them is coming back. What would be the point, in terms of the story? Harry already has all the info he needed from Dumbledore, thanks to the classes in book 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

ok i read in the saturday 30th Irish Times (think it was the weekend section)
    that in the 7th book (April 07 Release) 2 main chars will die
    and 1 will come back !
    Dumbledore & Harry and Voldemort ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Sirius ftw to come back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yup, Sirius to come back. As my friend said, who said he died? It only said he was gone. The two people to doe will be Harry/Voldemort and one other person, I guess Neville maybe. Remember it said something like "one cant live while the other survives" refering to Harry & Voldemort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

there is no point at all in havoing Dumbledore or siruis come back, the books to date have been guiding Harry through his adolesence, now that hes all but a grown man in the 7th book, should be approaching 18 by the end of it, he no longer needs the father figures in his life,to bring them back would be to diminish what harry has learned and accomplished on his trip into Adulthood, too many people are looking for what they want rather than what serves the story better.

should be approaching 18 by the end of it, he no longer needs the father figures in his life

Now I dont know your age at all, but saying a person going onto 18 doesnt need a father figure is quite ludicrous. Now I know the book is only fictional, so it may happen that way, but people of that age do need a father-figure in their lives, be it fiction or reality. In this case, Harry is going to face challenges where an older, experienced person to help him would be ideal and realistic. To bring them back might enhance what Harry has learned and will learn further into the book

Mushy wrote:
    Now I dont know your age at all, but saying a person going onto 18 doesnt need a father figure is quite ludicrous. Now I know the book is only fictional, so it may happen that way, but people of that age do need a father-figure in their lives, be it fiction or reality.
    fair enough thats your opinion,don't know what your basing it on, doesn't mean its right or wrong, i lost my father at 9 didn't think i did too badly by the time i was 18. I Certainly didn't need a father figure then, maybe earlier but not then, i think in harry potter hes been guided well enough through his adolescent years by Hagrid, Dumbledore, Sirius and to a lesser extent, Weasleys and Lupin. Shes provided a father figure all the way through for him, in the Loving Uncle mold of those mentioned before.

fair enough thats your opinion,don't know what your basing it on, doesn't mean its right or wrong, i lost my father at 9 didn't think i did too badly by the time i was 18. I Certainly didn't need a father figure then, maybe earlier but not then, i think in harry potter hes been guided well enough through his adolescent years by Hagrid, Dumbledore, Sirius and to a lesser extent, Weasleys and Lupin. Shes provided a father figure all the way through for him, in the Loving Uncle mold of those mentioned before.

Fair enough bout that too then, you can speak from experience. I can just imagine some experiences happening where Harry might need somebody already experienced to help him through something. Then again, I accept that Dumbledore wont be coming back cos he was killed. Who do you mean when refering to "she"? I can just imagine that if something happened, a father figure would be good for him

sorry i meant JK Rowling provided a kind of foster father figure through the books with those characters, she never left him all on his own. Hagrid, Sirius, Lupin, Dumbledore etc.

Advertisement