Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital Photo frames

Options
  • 20-11-2006 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Thinking about one of these digital photo frames as a Christmas present. Anyone have one or suggest a good quality one, are they any good or are they just an overpriced gagdet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/a4a95adebbf6a010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

I just googled it, as i hadn't a clue what it was. Sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I posted a very cheap and cheery one in Bargain Alerts a while back.. might be worth doing a search for it. But probably not at the same price it was at (think it only worked out at about €25).

EDIT: Aha.. there we go.. but can't seem to buy it now!

Love the idea of them myself but it all seems a tad "oh-the-technologies-there-so-let's-flaunt it" type of gadget. All style.. very little substance. (what the hell am i talking about?!?! Did i actually say that "oh-the-technologies-there" bit? Christ! :rolleyes: :D)

Anyways... nifty and flashy but typically a bit overpriced for what you're essentially getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Pixmania did one at around €100, Komplett had the Philips at €220 and Harvey Norman have 2 in their current flier over €200. While "mammys" love them, especially loaded with family photos, the are a bit dear, but see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I wanted one for Christmas, the Philips 9" one... was in a big electronics store in Brussels at the wkend and was very disappointed with the Philips model (that was all I saw). It was not very sharp at all, and even though it is 9" it still 'looks' really small. Def not worth the approx €400 price tag.

If I saw a good online deal I might reconsider but for now I wont bother I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3 germondo

Dunnes doing one at moment around 100€ think but not sure of price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Spectra have an 8" one for 189 euro and it looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Guys,

Asked this on another board butno reply. I ordered a frame from Pixmania. Gave it a go here and the picture is awful. Its an LCD screen with a res of 320 x 224. If I reduce the res of the pics to suit the screen will it help? Or is this just the quality I can expect?

Thanks

Jumpa

Advertisement