Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G.P.A. assessment changed again.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

**** sakes ****ing dickheads ******* loolu****s!!!!!!!!

Check your e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

email wrote:
    Dear Student,

It has come to our attention that incorrect information regarding the calculation of GPA has been given to students via announcements at lectures.

Following consultation and agreement, the definitive statement regarding this issue was sent to you in an email from the Registrar on the 21/11/06 which stated that:

"Honours in the BA, BSocSci, BA (Computer Science) and related BA programmes will be calculated based on the best 6 modules from Stage 2, and ALL Modules from Stage 3, with the modules equally weighted. This one-off arrangement applies to students currently in Stage 2 ONLY."

It is important to note that the 6 best grades at Stage 2 and all 12 grades at stage 3 will be weighted equally. Also, please note that this arrangement applies to students currently in Stage Two for this year only. It will not apply for students next year.

We hope that this addresses any confusion on this issue.

Kind regards

Danielle Clarke
    Bairbre Redmond

Vice-Principals
    College of Arts and Celtic Studies/College of Human Sciences
    University College Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I think its sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

So that's clear that it's no longer a possible 50/50 then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

So that's clear that it's no longer a possible 50/50 then?

I've emailed Brian Doyle about it so hopefully i'll hear something back from him tomorrow

If there's no 50/50 option, there's going to be war from me anyway, i have all the documentation needed to give me a case, if they can make exemptions and change everything for some students they can certainly give an option to the students who knew about the 50/50 dealio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement