Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys - When was the last time you had a bath?

• 20-11-2006 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought about this the other day - I can't remember the last time I had a proper bath. It must be well over 10 years ago.
    I just shower every morning since as long as I can remember.
    So, do any of yee lads take a bath often?

Do yee use the bath? 49 votes

Nope - I'm a shower man
    0% 0 votes
    I'd pop in for a soak at least now and again
    67% 33 votes
    Only with my better half for romance
    22% 11 votes
    I just wash myself with a rag on a stick
    10% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

A month or two ago, but I've only had about three in the last three years.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Last time I had a bath was about 1997. And the only reason for that was to ease muscle pain.
    Actually don't have a bath in my house at all, I removed it a couple of years ago when renovating and only have a shower cubicle now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

On Friday night with my gf - i can't recommend this enough, orgasm is so intense:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

this morning..another one when i get home this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I had one about 3 months ago after a 10mile run..
    I find them incredibly boring, unless you're having a glass of Jim Beam and a smoke..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

I've taken one every single night for the past 8 or 9 months, because I've been having loads of problems with my spine.

And I HATE baths. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

About 11 years ago, I dont like them, stewing in your dirt. Give me a shower any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Very rare, one in the last 5 years or so. Triton T90 shower all the way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye. Nothing beats a nice warm power shower. Esp if its double cubicle. Never liked having a bath, esp as the bath was too small (I'm 6 foot 6 now).

Ruu wrote:
    Very rare, one in the last 5 years or so. Triton T90 shower all the way. :)

Triton T90i ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Have a Bath anytime I go on a Ski trip (Its needed for aches) or anytime I stay in a hotel :)

Actually in my own place or my parents not since I was about 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

I cant remember the last time i fitted in a bath! Havent seen a bath i could use in ages either! :(

So tis shower all the way for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,013 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

1998 when the shower was out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I think it was around the time of my leaving cert maybe 5 years ago, our bathroom was being done up so no shower. Other than that its shower all the way

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

About 11 years ago, I dont like them, stewing in your dirt. Give me a shower any day.

Exactly how dirty do you get? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

in my mams house I used to always have them as you can have a read and a drink at the same time! But never in my rented house the bath is horrible and not v comfortable so I just have showers instead it has a lovely hot shower

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

They say every time you take a bath you are effectively sharing the bath with everyone who has used it over the last 6 weeks.

Mmm, germalicious.

They say every time you take a bath you are effectively sharing the bath with everyone who has used it over the last 6 weeks.

Hmmm, so in my house thats usually... nobody!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hmmm, so in my house thats usually... nobody!
    Your family don't wash? Filthy bastards!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Last time I had a bath was on my holidays in the summer, I do enjoy a nice hot bath with all the nice smellies you can get etc, my mother had our bath taken out and a shower unit put in years ago, and when I got my flat it just has a shower cubicle as well, so its a novelty for me now to be able to have a nice bath so I always take advantage if I'm in a hotel or on hols to use my bath products of which I have loads from xmas presies etc... When I get my own place I'm going to make sure it has a nice big bath :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

miamee wrote:
    Exactly how dirty do you get? :D

Seriously filthy.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Have a bath every day, just find it very relaxing, is even better when I have it with my fiancee, lavander bath soaks are brilliant too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is for lads women!

I haven't had a bath in years, hich is a pity because I live them.
    Maybe I should have one soon. I do spend about an hour in the shower anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

The only time I ever have a bath is after a long training session so that I won't get cramp. IT's really too much work when you compare it with having a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

October 1st at about 1.37am.

It was the last time I stayed in a hotel... I usually have one when I stay in a hotel just for the novelty of it.... just have the rag on a stick at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Once or twice a week - with that green radox stuff & a book. Will easily spend 2 hours in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus, maybe once a year, if even that. I'm a complete shower man, quick in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Years ago...I'm a shower man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

had one this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement