Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clizzampers...

Options
  • 20-11-2006 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

My car on the blink so I had to leave it on the street outside my house for the day. Problem is, its a pay and display area and I don't have a parking disk or permit. Am I gonna find my baby clamped when I get home this evening, or are those warnings all bluffs? I live outside the city centre btw, in Lower Salthill....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Clampers are like vultures when you turned you back it was already clamped ...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Chances are that you'll find it clamped.
    80 euro fine, should just pay for the days it needs to sit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Argh! The b*stards have ruined my day from 20 miles away. Stupid car. Stupid clampers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

cornbb wrote:
    Am I gonna find my baby clampedQUOTE]

Are you serious? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was it clamped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Steyr wrote:
    Are you serious? :confused:

Damn straight I was serious
    biko wrote:
    Was it clamped?

Nope. I left it there aaaall day and it wasn't clamped.

cornbb 1, clampers 0

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Clampers arnt out in force as much as they were last year, after the mayor decided to cut them by 50% or something last feburary or march.
    I used to live next to the garda station and my beedroom window was facing the car park next to it, they used to be in there every 10 - 15 mins last year. Then the idiot's went and clamped an ambulance....rofl. They paid the price for that one the greedy farts.

lol my Friends mum got clamped on the docks one day a few yrs back, she got some dude over to angle grind it off, then threw it in the docks. They went to the guards to report her and they said they couldnt care less. The clampers never bothered her again lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

fracture wrote:
    Clampers arnt out in force as much as they were last year, after the mayor decided to cut them by 50% or something last feburary or march.
    I used to live next to the garda station and my beedroom window was facing the car park next to it, they used to be in there every 10 - 15 mins last year. Then the idiot's went and clamped an ambulance....rofl. They paid the price for that one the greedy farts.

lol my Friends mum got clamped on the docks one day a few yrs back, she got some dude over to angle grind it off, then threw it in the docks. They went to the guards to report her and they said they couldnt care less. The clampers never bothered her again lol.

Dock's guys are private, nothing to do with the Council/Whatever Clampers

BTW, OP... Another idea might have been to put a "My car broke down" note on the window, not sure if they'd bother having mercy, but meh god loves a trier!

What ya could also do is take all the wheels off your car for the day and put box's to replace them, its not like they can tow it or clamp it then! Great idea lol :D

fracture wrote:
    What ya could also do is take all the wheels off your car for the day and put box's to replace them, its not like they can tow it or clamp it then! Great idea lol :D

They can still tow it. Then she goes to (if on the docks property) Galway City Recovery... ever seen what happens the cars in there?

• Advertisement

No, why?
    How can they tow a car with no wheels, they'd need something to be able to life, ya cant put a car onb the back of a tow truck if it has no wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

clampers are whankers alright!

i work in harvest offy and when we were doing deliveries during the day they came and clamped the old 'gangsteresque harvest mobile' needless to say the p.r. guy with the company rang the tabloids and it was in the them next day:D fools!

the ambulance one is a classic example of ignrance an stupidity CLASSIC:p

fracture wrote:
    No, why?
    How can they tow a car with no wheels, they'd need something to be able to life, ya cant put a car onb the back of a tow truck if it has no wheels.

I meant life it onto a truck with the crane jobbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Are you sure they went to clamp an Ambulance. I didn't hear that.

The Free Man...u work in the offy in Raven Tarrace?
    I work for the company too. Im assistant manager of Bar903, ya might have seen me workin if u have worked in the offy in eyre square.

It was the harvest manager who sent the picture of the car clamped into the independant. :D

Advertisement