Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postal Service in Rush ?

• 20-11-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Has anyone in the Rush area been experiencing any problems with their postal deliveries? I made the mistake of complaining about a next day delivery which took nearly 14 days to arrive (one excuse I got was that the postman took it home with him) I haven't received any post since the 2nd of November and its not that we havent been sent anything as I've posted 3 letters to myself from the city centre last monday the 13th being the last one I posted. Rush postal service is a joke! Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

Not from Rush myself but have heard that postal service is intermittent at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,015 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes, it's terrible for the past few months. I frequently get bills arriving past the payment date. We usually get about one delivery per week. The reason, I believe, is that one of the lads in on long term sick leave and has not been replaced. If the others are unwilling to do overtime, the post is delayed. That's the local story. I can't verify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,015 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It seems to have improved significantly in the past week or so. Getting bills on a daily basis now. :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Sometimes it's good....sometimes bad! I've had a few letters never turning up....including one with a photograph that has now been lost for ever!

I'm lucky to be living in a long-standing address and most of the post-team would know our family so we don't usually have too many problems.

I don't think that the post service has caught up with the recent expansion of Rush at all and a lot of the newer parts of the town are suffering as a result!

Advertisement