Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freeware application starter tool?

• 20-11-2006 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a freeware tool/application that will write to a log everytime a certain application is run, and if possible will also log how long the application is in use. Something like this, but for free...

http://www.softactivity.com/employee-monitoring.asp

Its not for monitoring employees for what they do online or anything, just to see which applications they're using and how long for. This doesn't need to be sent over a network or anything necessarily, its ok for it to sit on the machine itself.

It might be easier write one myself to do exactly what I want, but I just thought I'd check first rather than reinvent the wheel...

Anyone know of one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Try here

Most are for website monitoring but TracksRevealer seems to be for all files accessed.

Some of these applications are straightforward keyloggers, be aware that if you run keyloggers, then you are definitely monitoring everything employees type so maybe stay away from those for legal reasons and data protection etc. Also, most anti-vir will pick up these keyloggers unless you instruct them not to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

low tech

setup a batch file to run the app.exe - replace the shortcut with a short cut to the batch file
    [php]
    Echo starting App>>app.txt
    Echo.|time>>app.txt
    path\app.exe
    echo.|time>>app.txt
    [/php]
    only useful if one app and you don't mind sorting though a text file.

Advertisement