Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phoneline customer procedures

Options
  • 20-11-2006 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some verification, I've a new apartment already wired by eircom, never had a landline in my name before (lucky me). Tried to sign up to Esat BT, 10 mins wait was enough so i hung up and rang eircom. Unfriendly operator (seriously, not being eircom biased) told me I would have to sign up for phone package first, then wait 5 days to arrange for their broadband offers online.

So my question...can I still switch to Esat in a few days once eircom have everything set up (she gave me my number)...or being a new customer will i have to commit to some initial contract with Eircom. Also, any ideas how long Eircom take to send out equipment. I don't mind as price difference isn't huge and my usage won't be either (plus the free wireless modem with Eircom is handy). I was under the illusion we had made some headway in broadband in this country, but I see it is still a farcical situation, dsl is my only option and i don't even want the phone package but the bundle works out cheaper...

thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

read the connection contract they send you, as far as i know, you can just pay the connection fee and not sign a contract to take the phone and then switch to esat bt.

but its still eircom's fecking lines and exchanges so same old same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

There's no contract for standard phone services from Eircom. Once you get your account number from Eircom and your line is tested and passed for BB, then you can sign up with whoever you like.

is it not 12 months, but as you said you dont have to sign?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

no contract for a phone line and installs are free till weds this if you get a talkback on the line.

plug in fone and dial 19900, write down the number that is spoken back to you and keep the note .

if any number is spoken back you are an "in situ" line which is free to reconnect , the contract such as it is is month to month and ends at the end of the month you cancel.

bb will be 6 months contract on its own

bb and phone BUNDLE will be 12 months contract

and when your bb download speeds are 2kb eircom refund you and give you the day off work.

nahhh

• Advertisement
Advertisement