Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat5/vga extenders

Options
  • 20-11-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

ok i sort of know what im doing but just need some pointers here. im setting up a pc to two plasmas as a favour for a friend. the idea is to display the same image on both. the computer is a fair distance away so i have looked at these vga-cat5 extenders here. now what i need to know is,

a) its says these extender need to use cat5 cable. the cable i have been looking at was this. it is cat5e, will that work? the exact requirement is Category 5 twisted pair Ethernet cable. is the cable i linked to suitable??

b) is there any box or something other than a dual video card that i can output the image to these boxes (and eventually to the plasmas) while having a separate image on the pc monitor i.e. dual display. just because if i use it as a clone display and somebody changes something on the pc it will show up on the screens.

cheers
    moe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

1 Yes Cat5e is grand
    2 Not that I know of

Advertisement