Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old photo"s of people from Ballybofey area.

Options
  • 20-11-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does Paddy 20 still have his large collection of Photos of local people? I rember you well, when you came back to the T/T"s in the late 80"s, and wud love to see your photos on public display in the town, along wth other old photos of local intrest, does anybody have any ideas for a photo exhibition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Maybe the likes of the Finn Valley Voice could dedicate a page each week to the likes of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Does Paddy 20 still have his large collection of Photos of local people? I rember you well, when you came back to the T/T"s in the late 80"s, and wud love to see your photos on public display in the town, along wth other old photos of local intrest, does anybody have any ideas for a photo exhibition?

Yes I do have hundreds of Photo's taken by me, of the Twin-Towns and it's people. The late Joe Jackson and Francis Mulrine wanted me to put them on exhibition, but to set up such a photographic exhibition would cost quite a bit of money, something which I do not have.

So, unless someone comes up with a sponsor/sponsors, I could not do it properly on my own, plus because of health problems I would need some help.

I have photo's of people ( many deceased) and local view's going back very many years which I cherish and which people I think would find enlightening, but I honestly would need guidance, and support of a financial 'printing costs' nature, to do justice to the subject matter.

Maybe if some other local photographers, and media were prepared to participate, then it would become an event of interest to many more people than those interesed just in Paddy20's contribution .?..as I am sure there are local's who have photo's that would prove much more interesting than mine. In this regard I think of Dr Mulrine who was the first person to take colour photo's of locals,He was also the first person to show me how to use a camera, and I am sure there are many others who have photo's past and present which are important to our collective community history ?..SOLID-SLUG, this is a good idea, which if it iwas ever to become a reality would need planning and reserach plus real local community support ;) and very many thanks for remembering me sticking my camera into many people's faces. Over the years.

Cheers,

P.:)

BTW, SOLID-SLUG, Welcome to the N.W. Forum and I assume you are a Twin-Townser. Have you only just latched on to the N.W. Forum ??..:)

Not much interest on here, but one real newspaper seems interested in a 'Paddys Eye'series of photo's, which I am considering.

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy,

If you manage to get those photos on show somewhere, I would go and see them.

smashey wrote:
    Paddy,

If you manage to get those photos on show somewhere, I would go and see them.

smashey,

Many thanks for your support, you yourself know how hard it is to get a bit of support :confused: Sometimes I think Corrie St & Emmerdale have taken over`from real life and also possibly the internet itself :confused:

P. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement