Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC Jumble Sale

• 20-11-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Neil Fenn and Danny Murphy are confirmed to have left the club today for the sum of €zero.

This goes along with Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Liam Kearney, Greg O'Halloran, and George O'Callaghan in exile.

At this stage I'm totally pissed off with Brian Lennox and the club. Time and time again the club has shown that is being run by amateurs.

Contracts are let run down.

Roy O'Donovan's contract is due to finish in the middle of next season.

Cork City...Run by Amateurs:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is there any prospects for players arriving?

Can the club afford to bring anyone in? The winding-up order would suggest not.

TBH I'd rather a club that doesn't live beyond it's means playing in the First Division, than have no club at all. Like may happen to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Who knows?

The club wouldn't tell the fans anyway. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Does Joe Gamble remember the way to Phibsboro?

It wouldnt suprise me at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cork were going part time but Lennox wants a consortium to come in and take over to keep it pro.
    Cork is its own country there should be enough interest and finance available for a consortium to come in and run the club. They would be one of the most profitable if marketted right as a certain large man found out and used to his advantage.

I know Cork fans like to be split down the middle on stuff, but i blame Lennox not Dolan, Dolan awoke the club to the mini-nation (heh) and created a buzz about CCFC. Of the 2 clubs in EL who you could invest in and make a profit Cork and Shels would be the most bankable :confused:

Shocking how its turning out.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Shels would be the most bankable :confused:
    How you figure this?

We have the smallest fanbase of the real clubs in Dublin, and even when we attracted a bandwagon against Depor, I think one of them became a 'regular' - now he's gone too.

For those that know who I'm on about, it was the guy who used to do the hand over the mouth screaming thing during the Indian Chant.

I suppose if Ollie was to leave it might make us more attractive, but he wants the best for the club, and fair play to him if he won't sell out if he sees at as bad for the long term of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You cost 2 million a year to run with the leagues best players and manager, thats paying the most and not accounting for off field stuff that needs paying or generating.

Say you earn 1 mill a year from stuff(gates,tv,advertising,funraising) not including winning the league monies.

Leaves you 1 mill short for the year, now if i was an investor and looked at shels, i would want 50% of the club and put in 1 million a year after 3 years i would expect the club to be in the CL groups. Then i would take back my 3 million and my profit and say "fook that was easy money"

With about of billionaires lurking around Dublin due to property investment how Ollie isnt selling Shels to them as an investment is beyond me.

Same for Cork but "that team" is almost gone now, Shels isnt yet and even so they coud lose one or 2 and get in better....

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Neil Fenn and Danny Murphy are confirmed to have left the club today for the sum of €zero.

This goes along with Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Liam Kearney, Greg O'Halloran, and George O'Callaghan in exile.

At this stage I'm totally pissed off with Brian Lennox and the club. Time and time again the club has shown that is being run by amateurs.

Neale Fenn was not worth the wages he was being paid, and Danny is leaving for non financial reasons.

Once again you have half the story. Why are you using losing Kevin Doyle as a stick to beat the club with. Sure we are all sad we lost him, but we did, not much use about crying over that 18 months on. Liam Kearney did not want to leave the club, I know that for a fact, but someone, a 3rd party (not Dolan) made him leave. If his trial with Motherwell doesnt work out, he will be abck with City. As for Shane Long, he never was figuring, and Dolan had his move to Reading sorted out a while before Dolan was sacked. Greg, well who cares, the guy is not a loss at all IMO. The whole George thing is regretable.

Yes Roys contract is due to run soon, but negotiations are about to start. Gamble is just pissed off that he is suspended and a weeks wages out again.
    At this stage I'm totally pissed off with Brian Lennox

The same man who saved the club, and the same man who has saved the club again from falling into the wrong hands ie a certain former managers consortium? Its people like you who do my head in. Plenty to complain about, no suggestion as to how to improve things. Will you be joining FORAS for instanse?

But |I suppose once again you will just say Im talking out my arse, before going to read what your opinions are elsewhere :rolleyes:

Im echoing what a lot of City fans are saying.

Is he not allowed be critisised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yes, criticism is allowed, but only when it is constructive. None of the criticism I see from the complainers is constructive, In fact they are the same people who were crying that Dolan dropped George at Bohs in Sept 04. They are the same people who were protesting against Rico after the Portadown game in May 05 (though no one was actually there that night :rolleyes: )

If we were to follow the argument to its bitter end, why aren't City fans complaining about the loss of first teamer Kevin Murray? What about U 21 stars Ken Kiely and Eoin Lougheed?

People arent happy unless they are complaining. Now, I will add now that I am far from happy that players are leaving at an almost weekly basis, but what good does calling the chairman names do? Feck all, thats what. Being a fan is about supporting your club through thick and thin. Relatively speaking it is thin for us at the moment. Who knows what will happen in the close season, afterall with the talk of a new sugardaddy on the way things cannot be too bad, can they?
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Cork were going part time but Lennox wants a consortium to come in and take over to keep it pro.
    Cork is its own country there should be enough interest and finance available for a consortium to come in and run the club. They would be one of the most profitable if marketted right as a certain large man found out and used to his advantage.

I know Cork fans like to be split down the middle on stuff, but i blame Lennox not Dolan, Dolan awoke the club to the mini-nation (heh) and created a buzz about CCFC. Of the 2 clubs in EL who you could invest in and make a profit Cork and Shels would be the most bankable :confused:

Shocking how its turning out.

You used be so good at wind ups. What happened you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Rico says Cork will continue full-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Couldnt agree more. Letting all your quality players seems silly. Things can only get worse for Cork City next season. Bohs will replace them in the top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wolves have had an approach for O'Donovan rejected, but are expected to continue their interest. Neal Horgan is off stateside to complete his law degree. Billy Woods is considering retiring. Danny Murphy is going/gone to Motherwell. Fenn is now a Bohs man.

Any word on people coming in? I thought Shels would be bad...

finnpark wrote:
    Couldnt agree more. Letting all your quality players seems silly. Things can only get worse for Cork City next season. Bohs will replace them in the top 4
    Well, it could be looked at in a slightly different way.

There is obviously money problems at CCFC - which have not been officially confirmed to have been sorted out yet. Don't forget, Shelbourne weren't the only club to get a winding-up order during the season.

So, if the wage bill is slashed it might go some way to stabilising the financial situation.

What would you prefer?

A financially stable outfit in mid table, or a club going to the wall while finishing in the top two or three?

Which is worse?

Advertisement